|90| ~ Til Death Do You Part~

Unedited.
Embry POV.

On this night of night, the crimson moon floats high in the darkest sky. The warm summer breeze wraps around me like a blanket, snugging me in with deadly anticipation as a warning of what's to come.

This time last year, my people held a grand bonfire in honor of the blood moon as per usual. In the mind of a wolf, each new moon symbolizes a new beginning. It's a time to manifest, unwind and prepare. My people believe that each new moon is a constant reminded that things can and eventually shall shift in the moon Goddess children's favor.

Those types of beliefs has been installed into every werewolf and lycan alike mentality since the date of birth. So, I know for a fact that the Lycan King believes that our union shall be blessed for many blood moons to come but he is deadly mistaken.

This Blood moon shall be his last and for that I'm certain.  As I stand on the balcony, I take the time to admire the fireball of a moon as it beams bloody light throughout the pitch-black sky.

"Are you ready,"  questions Rollin from behind me? He must have recently made his way back into the room.

Earlier on, he left me in the hands of a royal lycan seamstress whose job was to prepare me to walk down the aisle, but not before the two of us had the chance to become properly acquainted.

Unlike his Alpha, Rollin is actually a pretty decent lycan if you subtract the mood swings he had every time my wolf decided to openly disrespect his king. That's when I realize that Rollin is the perfect soldier. He's loyal. Plus, obedient, reliable, disciplined, and according to the rumors he's known for his fearlessness on the battlefield.

My people have always spoken highly of Rollin the Lycan Beta and so far, so good. He seems to live up to his name, but like my father always says people always have a way of showing you what they want you to see.

Time shall always reveal anyone's truth all you have to do is wait patiently and you'll see.

"Ready as I will ever be," I tell him before the two of us make our way out of the room. As soon as the door shuts Rollin loops his left arm around my right one and assists me down the grand staircase. I guess he's the one tasked with giving the bride away.

'That dress compliments you very well," he advises me. "If looks would determine the character of a great ruler you'll make a fine queen," he compliments me, or so I think.

In my brief time with Rollin, I've learned two things. The first one is that he's a man of few words, he doesn't really elaborate on anything that he says and the second thing is that he may just be the king of sarcasm. It's true, I witness his sarcastic glory today as he played tutor to the Lycan Rulers, who were pleading for him to reason with their King earlier on about actually going through with this mating.

From what I overheard, the Lycans know that the end game of their king and I ceremony shall result in nothing but blood. The Lycans royals feel as if their Kingdom needs to rebuild after losing their last king before declaring war with the Ruthless king. My King.

However, the Lycan Beta and The New Lycan King completely disagree. According to Rollin, war has been officially declared the very moment Aunt Katherine's blood was spilled.

Oh, my goddess! Aunt Katherine is gone.

My heart aches whenever I think about her tragic death. I just can't believe it.

Rollin also advised that the lycan King and I union shall actually provide order within the werewolf community regardless of my so-called treachery because at the end of the day I'm still a Wilde and my family's last name alone shall forever and always hold weight in the land of the were.