Chapter 21- The Magical Place of Pinterest

Whoa Baby

Chapter 21- The Magical Place of Pinterest

"I acted like it wasn't a big deal, when really it was breaking my heart."- Unknown

Sitting on the deck Alice and Emma quietly whispered about their plans for Paisley's surprise baby shower. They didn't know if Paisley wanted a baby shower, but every women had to have one. For goodness sakes, Kourtney Kardashian had three! Typically you only have one. Well, one grand shower at least. Emma and Alice flipped through magazine after magazine. A stack sat beside them with at least a dozen or so. Alice's laptop sat between them on the Pinterest website for some ideas.

"Ugh, I wish we knew the gender, then it'd be cute if we could do this Pretty in Pink theme." Emma says, enlarging the picture for Alice to see.

"Aww that's pretty!" Alice agrees. "Oo, regardless of the theme we should do this." Alice points out to the pink lemonade inside baby bottles with decorated straws.

"That's clever." Emma giggles, nodding her head in approval. "Pinterest has the best ideas." She continues to compliment as she scrolls through, "Oo, what if we did a name suggestion jar. I bet she'd like that."

"You're pinning all this stuff to the secret board, right?" Alice remembers, looking up from her magazine.

"Yeah, yeah, of course." Emma mumbles, waving her hand. She goes back to the last few things she suggests and pins them. Alice looks over her shoulder, frowning and shaking her head. "Should we get Paisley's mom to help?" She wonders, scrolling back down.

"We probably should, huh?" Alice mumbles, resting her chin in the palm of her hand. The stared at each other for a few seconds, rationalizing about it, "Cupcakes insides of cake?"

"Oo, yeah! On those decorated towers- oh we can decorate them with pink frosting." Emma gasps, becoming hyped up on the idea.

"Ok, I think we need to ditch the pink theme since we're not really sure that it's a girl. Maybe pastel colors?" Alice changes, disregarding whom would call Paisley's mom.

Paisley walks to the deck, hearing the faint voices that are her friends. She scratches her head and greets the girls sitting on the wooden deck floor with magazine spread out around them. "What are you girls doing?" She wonders, still feeling a bit drowsy.

"Hey, Paisley we thought you were taking a nap?" Emma wonders, speaking quite loudly as she and Alice quickly hide the magazines.

"We weren't too loud were we?" Alice questions nervously but tried to look concern.

"No you guys were fine." I sigh, laying down on one of the cushioned lounge chairs and closing my eyes a bit. "So what are you doing anyways?" I ask again, peeking down at the floor.

"Nothing." Emma exaggerates, slowly closing the laptop with her eyes on me.

"Yeah because that wasn't at all suspicious." Alice mocks, shaking her head. "Have a nice nap?" She asks me, darting her eyes up.

"Yeah." I answer, suspiciously looking around the deck for any clues. My eyes land on a magazine behind Emma, when she notices what I'm staring at she quickly grabs it and tosses it to Alice. "Guys you don't need to plan me a baby shower if that's what you're doing. Seriously, who would I invite anyways? No one is going to show up for a teenager baby shower." I sigh, rubbing my eyes and squinting from the sun.

"Now wait a minute who says we're planning a baby shower?" Emma gasps, looking surprised but she wasn't that great of an actress.

"Even if we were to plan you one we'd need your mom's help and we wouldn't tell you anything." Alice imputed with a smug smile on her face.