Chapter 50- Lots of Stories

Whoa Baby

Chapter 50- Lots of Stories

"Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher."- Maya Watson

I wanted to do a good deed today. Or more like after talking to Adam on Sunday I felt like I owed him a phone call. Adam is a very sweet guy, and new to town with no family around. So he must be lonely and looking for a friend, and maybe that Erin girl from the pub isn't cutting it. He wants to hang out with me, I have a baby, and he still wants to be around me. That's got to count for something.

So I did what I should have apparently done a while ago. I fished for Adam's number written on that napkin at the bottom of my purse, grabbed my phone off the ground where all of Colton's toys were too. I sat on the floor with Colton, handing him toy after toy after he threw them all.

"Hello?" Adam said on the receiving end in a questionable tone.

"Hey Adam, it's Paisley." I introduce, sitting up more properly.

"Paisley!" He shouts with much enthusiasm, "Wow, you almost had me believing that you lost my number." He says with a chuckle.

"No, no." I assure him, "I just really hadn't had the time to call, but I'm sitting around all alone at home- Colton and I- and I was thinking how you said you've been to the pub a lot, and you're away from home so I thought that maybe you'd like a nice home cooked meal for a change rather than eating at that pub for lunch."

"Is this an invitation?" He inquires.

"Yeah, of sorts." I confirm with a smile he couldn't see, "If you're up for some fresh food, rather than that greasy diner stuff. Sorry, no beer though, but I can offer you a glass of wine or apple juice." I bargain.

"I'll take whatever you give me." He says with a laugh that made my smile stretch even wider. "What time should I be there?" He asks.

"You free in an hour?" I question with Colton shouting in the background.

"I am. So I'll see you in an hour." He agrees.

"Alright, hope you're hungry." I tell him, feeling more at eased now.

"Starving. Don't forget to text me your address." He reminds me as I hear murmuring in the background.

"Ok I will. I'll see you in a bit. Bye." Once he says goodbye I hang up the phone, taking a big sigh of relief. I look down at Colton and smile, playfully and carefully playing with him as he gurgled. He came with me as I changed out of my PJs, and I gave him a nice bath.

After looking at the clock for the fifth time I decided to start cooking that meal. I wasn't going to do anything extravagant and fancy, like a five course meal. It was something simple yet yummy. Spaghetti and meatballs. With Colton sitting in his feed chair, munching on his cereal puffs I boiled a large pot of water for the pasta. For some odd reason too I like eating raw pasta. It's just something I've always did when cooking spaghetti.

I cooked enough pasta so that dinner would be all set, so it was a fairly large pot of pasta. As I chopped the ingredients for the pasta sauce I danced along to the music coming from my phone and singing along. Lunch was almost ready, I just needed to mix the sauce with the pasta, but I waited so I could feed Colton his lunch before Adam came.

As I decided that it would be best to put Colton down for a nap and finish lunch a knock came from the front door. My head quickly whipped to the clock on the stove, and surely an hour did go by already. Opening the door to Adam I greeted him with a smile letting him in.