Chapter 9- Beach House

Whoa Baby.

Chapter 9 - Beach House

"There is a heaven for me, I'm sure it has a beach attached to it."- Jimmy Buffet

There is one place that almost every teenager loves to escape to. That is the beach. Why, is a personal reason, different for every human being, but to me, it is the tranquility it brings to my mind. The moment my feet hit the warm sand, the soothing breeze passing by, the smell of salt water, and the warmth of the sun on my skin. I imagine that this is what heaven will be like, if not, better. A person cannot have too much beach. Especially for us people living in Avon, who would need to take a two hour drive to experience such safe haven.

Beach, a place of relaxation, rest, and tranquility. For heaven seem to be a little closer whenever I step foot on a beach. The dream of being someone different, someone who nobody knows of, here, a perfect place to escape to. Like being in a crowd in New York. People see your face but they don't know your story, they don't know who you are, where you've come from or what you've done. The beach is like that place. Escape from Avon. The little town where everyone knows everyone.

The baby blue house that we've been speaking of so often is finally in front of me- or technically behind me, since I stand on the back porch looking over the beach and ocean. It's this place I walked into some months ago, declaring I was going to have my last hurrah before College awaited, with my friends together one last time. Now that dream has changed. Things are completely different now than they were a few months ago. How life and silly decisions can change your life in a snap within such a short amount of time.

Things will be different not just this summer but for the rest of my life. As of right now, I didn't know what to do. What to do or who to tell first. When to tell someone, because I felt the longer I keep it to myself, the longer things will stay normal. The longer people would just see me for me and not some sinful, knocked up teenager.

"PAISLEY! GET IN HERE!" Alice shouted from in the house. I looked over my shoulder and saw through the window Emma sitting on top of Alice at the bottom on the stairs that go to the second floor.

I took a deep breath and rolled my eyes, a small amused smile on my lips. "What are you guys doing?" I question them with a chuckle.

"Tell her I get the bedroom with the attached bathroom." Emma said looking up at me, pushing Alice's shoulder down while sitting on her back.

"Um, no! I get the bed and bath room. I said that when we first came here." Alice disagrees, holding her head slightly off the ground. She squirms from underneath Emma, throwing her legs around in attempt to throw Emma off. "Emma Montgomery get off of me!"

"Not until you agree that I get the room." Emma argues, holding down Alice. As they continued to bicker I slowly made my way closer to them, tip toeing until I reached the stair case.

"Paisley, what are you doing?" Alice hollers, trying to crane her neck to look at me.

"Taking the bedroom with the attached bathroom, bye!" I shout, running up the stairs the best I could with a heavy suitcase.

"NO!" They both shouted. It was a little too late for them because by the time I heard their flip flops clack up the stairs I already threw my suitcase on top of the bed and rolled all over the bed and messed with the blankets.

"Mwahaha!" I laugh evilly, beginning to jump on the bed, "The room is mine!" I shout in victory, throwing my hands up in the air. It's not like this was the only bathroom in the house. The first floor had a half bath, and the second floor had two full baths. One attached to this room, the other across the hall in between the other two bedrooms.