Chapter 56- C'est La Vie

Whoa Baby

Chapter 56- C'est La Vie

Two Weeks Pass

There was a lot of noise and hustling one late Saturday afternoon. Of course we were already awake, and Colton wasn't down for his nap yet, but there sure seemed to be a lot of noise. Maybe we were just used to the quiet, we were the only ones there these past two weeks after all.

"Oh, it's move in day." JC figured out, eating the last of his slice of pizza that we ordered last night.

"It's been going on for an hour, you're just figuring that out now?" I chuckle, trying to hold a squirming Colton.

"I was ignoring it." He says, throwing his crust away. I sigh, putting Colton down in his playpen, not really in the mood for being pushed and kicked in the stomach. Curious to see all the activity and movement going on I opened the front door and peeked through, looking at the students moving in with boxes and pillows. Parents bustling around more as students stop to greet friends.

The on campus apartments, mainly housing upper classmen, accommodates about a little over two hundred, with five floors and fifty rooms. It must be really unfortunate to live on the top floor, especially coming home, drunk, or with groceries. Unless there's an elevator I haven't seen yet. I just prayed to God that we didn't have loud party neighbors keeping us away all night. Who am I kidding though, this is college, no parents around, and fake IDs.

"Did you already do laundry? JC asks, as I continue to stand in the doorway watching.

"Uh huh." I mumble, watching a girl carry four pillows in her arms and what seemed to be a large overnight bag. I'm sure she has a lot more than just that.

"Can you iron my pants for class tomorrow?" He asks.

"Uh huh." I mumble, watching the girl struggle. She wasn't struggling that bad, I mean she seemed to have her stuff together.

"Are we going grocery shopping now?" He asks.

"Uh huh." I mumble in response. Maybe I should help her. Ugh, but then I'll be caught up with helping her move in and I don't have the time for that right now even though I should be a good person and help her.

"Can you iron my underwear too?" He asks.

"Uh huh." I mutter, if it were me I would want help. Actually, no I'd be fine it's just pillows!

"You are not listening to a word I'm saying." He comments.

"Uh huh." Oh she's fine, she just walked into a room on the second floor. I'm sure she has family here helping her out.

"Case proven!" He shouts, clapping his hands together.

"What are you yapping about?" I ask, shaking my head and turning to him.

"Nothing important." He mumbles, joining me at the open doorway, "Are you going to put Colton down for a nap?" He asks.

"Does it look like he wants to take a nap? I ask, looking over to Colton with a pointed look, mumbles and gurgling on his own as he plays with his toys independently.

"I mean if we don't put him down now he's just going to be cranky later." JC explains.

"Well he slept in this morning so I don't think he's ready for a nap. If anything he'll fall asleep by himself in his playpen." I tell JC, leaning up against the doorway.

"I'm just afraid he's going to be whiny and cranky with me when you go for your doctor checkup." JC says leaning on the other side of the doorway as well.