Chapter 48- He's Got Your...

Whoa Baby

Chapter 48- He's Got Your...

"When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You know that your name is safe in their mouth." ― Jess C. Scott

The girls were over one Saturday morning. It was a get together needed since we haven't seen each other since they came to visit Colton and I in the hospital in January, and another time a few weeks after. I haven't been going to Youth Group or any parties to see them so that's another factor. Emma and Alice love coming over to see the baby or even when I FaceTime them with Colton. I tease them and say that's the only reason they're here sometimes. They love to dress him every time he spits up. They love to feed him and stick around for bath time. But if it's diaper changing time somehow they never appear to be around.

It was also a fun time for me and not just Colton. Someone could finally take him out of my hands for a little while so I could catch up on some sleep, fold some laundry, make myself food or take a shower. They watched over him and kept entertaining him so I could take a break. Not that I trusted them one hundred percent, but I could hear them anywhere in the house just to be safe when I would be gone for those ten minutes tops.

I was multi-tasking now, washing some clothes and then hurrying in the shower. When I came out with cleaned wet hair wrapped up in a towel I threw the clothes in the dryer and joined the girls in the living room. The floor was taken over by every stuffed animal and toy Colton owned. They laid him on a clean, fluffy, blue blanket on the floor as they hover over him with toys, making faces and funny noises.

I sat on the couch chuckling as they hovered over my baby. They'd be great moms, but right now they're just great aunts. "The other day he was making the funniest noses. I recorded him because it was just too darn cute." I said sharing the video with the girls. They crawled to me watching the baby on the phone. The three of us chuckled, "He reminds me of when Tarzan was teaching Jane how to speak to the monkeys."

"Paisley, he is so adorable. He's going to be a lady killer or a baby model." Emma cooed, "I love how he got your eyes it's so adorable."

"Yeah he's got my eyes and JC's hyperactivity. The kid never stops moving, never stops making noise, always making silly faces." I giggle showing them my screen saver. "Look at that face."

"Oh my God that would be a perfect meme." Alice comments with a laugh of her own.

"He has my hyperactivity and my good looks." JC says coming into the room.

I squinted my eyes to him confused, "When did you get here?" I asked when he walked behind the couch where I was to peek over to my phone.

"Oh yeah, JC is here." Emma giggles nervously dogging my stare. She leans back on the couch twirling her hair. Alice presses her lips together with an anticipating look.

"Now what are you doing putting my kid on the floor?" JC playfully shuns scooping the baby off the floor. He drowned him in kisses with an awarding gurgling nose.

"Apparently JC made a key." Alice factors sitting on the arm rest of the other sofa.

"Yeah he just walked right on in when you were showering." Emma pipes in watching JC bond with the baby.

"Well that's because I gave him a key." I mumble taking the towel off my hair. The two girls looked at me shockingly. JC seemed to pay little to no attention on our conversation as he kept preoccupying Colton with funny faces.