Chapter 44- One Night

Whoa Baby

Chapter 44- One Night

"I don't know a perfect person. I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."- John Green

This was no ordinary Sunday morning. This was like pre baby, pre pregnant, pre JC kind of Sunday. This was a Sunday where I woke up and sat down at the kitchen table to have breakfast with my family before we went to church. The same pancakes and bacon breakfast, and probably the same small argument I'd have with my grandmother about wearing a dress to church, but there was still no way that would be happening. It was still way too cold out, and if we're talking that is.

Any words, yes, I'm going to church today. For the first time in three or so months.

So I sat at the kitchen table as if it were any other Sunday. Waiting for breakfast to be done and served. The slight difference was Colton's high chair next to me as I held the bottle to his mouth. SJ sat in his chair, rubbing his eyes and then looking up to me, "Paisley are you really coming to church today?" He asks quietly, still sounding exhausted. Colton didn't cry as much at night, waking up everyone in the house like before. Besides, SJ sleeps like a rock.

"Yeah, I'm going with you guys." I tell him, titling the bottle more. The milk starts dripping from his mouth, making a mess of his bib and face.

"Yay!" He shouts, sitting crossed on his legs as he leans over to play with Colton. Breakfast is done shortly after, grandma coming just as we wrap up breakfast. "Gram, guess what! Paisley's coming to church today."

"Good, she should be there every week." Gram says sharply and simply, walking up to my mother who was doing the dishes.

"SJ, do you want to play with Colton for a little bit while I take a quick shower." I mention, taking his bib off.

"Can I play with him in the living room with all the toys?" He asks, getting up from the chair. There's probably going to be a fight one day when Colton wants to play with his toys and SJ won't let him, because he's too busy playing with them. Believe it or not it surprised me a couple of times when I found him playing with Colton's toys.

"Sure, I'll bring him in there for you." I say, lifting Colton from his high chair. Once I left Colton, in the hands of SJ, which yes does scare me, I made sure I turned on the baby monitor before leaving incase anything went wrong. I took a speedy shower, and changed into something dressy, yet comfortable and warm before heading down stairs to relieve SJ of his babysitting duties. "Say thank you Uncle SJ." I say in my baby voice, kissing Colton's cheek and using his hand to wave to SJ. "If you need help changing SJ let me know, I'll go help you." I tell him, walking to the changing table to change Colton now.

He has so many cloths, cute ones of course, but the trouble now is to figure out what fits and what doesn't. He's growing way too fast. When I found something to dress him in though, it was a stripped baby blue and tan onesie with bear on his feet and a cute matching bear hat for his head. Some of his nicer cloths that I knew one day I'd dress him up in for church are still a few months too big.

"Now you're going to watch mama finish getting ready." I said to Colton with a silly face and more kisses. I walked back up to my room and placed Colton in his carrier, setting it on the bathroom counter as I put on a little makeup. Especially under my eyes, I didn't want to look like I hadn't slept in weeks.

"Paisley, are you almost ready?" Mom asks, poking her head into the bathroom. She smiles at Colton on the counter, bringing his rattle to him mouth and then dropping it. "Oh you're just so cute." She squeals, walking over to him and giving him kisses. "I'll tell your father to move the other part of the car seat to the other car. I told gram to drive her car to church today." She tells me, giving me a scary look.