isn't this illegal?

You were carrying hat kid around subcon forest as she laughed.
"This is great [Y/N] why did you say this is a dangerous place?" Hat kid asked you. "It just is because of some things." You answered looking up. "oke? I geuss every place isn't fully safe?" Hat kid questioned. "No no place is fully safe." You answered
Your sister. She nodded slowly seeming to understand. "Oh look! That place seems cool! Can i go there? I wanna go fast!" Hat kid pointed to the village. "Of course." You giggled putting your sister down. She ran to the village. And then you noticed... "HATTIE WAIT!" you screamed starting to run to her. But you were to late. Snatcher's thorns surrounded hat kid as they then went fully around her before dissapearing.

*hat kid's pov* (OwO more surprises)

I whimpered as i scrambled back seeing the huge thing before me. "YOU BLEW IT. YOU TOTALLY SCREWED YOURSELF!" I whimpered but stood up trying to seem not scared. This is probably what [Y/N] meant i thought. "nobody enters my home and leaves in one piece." My eyes went wide what did that mean?!
"Tell you what though. Hang on a minute. You get to live! That's right! Aren't you lucky?" So this guy was planning to kill me?!
"Normally i'd eat your soul and toss your body." Wow that's nice. "But you're a lucky one! You won the lottery! Cause geuss what? I happen to need two braindead servants." Braindead? What? "So tell you what. I've got a piece of paper here. Don't worry about the details. I need you to sign right there! On the bottom! If you don't well. Let's say your life will be cut short." I whimpered and signed the contract. I don't want to die!
"HAHAHAHAHA! THAT SEALS THE DEAL! WE'RE IN BUSSINES! Lemme just grab this real quick." Lighting began to go towards me striking me which hurt really badly before i saw something purple that looked like me floating away. "Whoops! Geuss this soul belongs to me now." So that was my soul huh? Cool i geuss. "Don't worry though. If you finish your chores fast enough you'll get it back real soon. Now don't you DARE forget about our contract. I'll put it in your bedroom so it never leaves your sight." The figure said before dissapearing. Oh great now i get a ghost in my room. The purple surroundings faded away as i was back in the village, or atleast it looks like a village.