Chapter 16

Not edited(:

~~~~~~~~~~~

Veronica and Travis crawled into the back of the car. "Yeah... Our suitcases kind of went with the plane," Travis said disappointedly and I nodded. "Hey, I can buy you clothes. I have quite a lot of money now," I said happily. "You don't have to! We're fine," Veronica said as she shook her head. "Let me buy you clothes, if you don't accept it, I'll never talk to you again. And we all know that I'm serious," I said and silence filled the car.

Luke placed a hand on my thigh and I looked over at him. He gave me a weak smile and I sighed as I turned forward to look out the windshield. "I kind of wanted a new dress," Veronica finally said and she smiled at me. I smiled back at her and Luke parked the car on our driveway. "Home sweet home," Luke said as we got down.

We got inside and Veronica lingered toward the kitchen. "I'm hungry," she said as she opened the fridge. "Whoa, it's packed," she said as she stared into it. "Help yourself," I said to her as I walked passed the kitchen and into the living room. "Travis, you'll sleep out here. I'll get you some blankets and pillows," I said and he nodded.

"Do you still have Munchkin?" Travis asked as he smirked. I grinned back, "You know it." I ran to the closet and scanned over the top shelf. I saw it and pulled it out slowly and carefully, making sure the boxes on top don't come crashing down on top of me. I grabbed it and ran out to the living room. I placed the box in the middle of the table. "Gosh... This board game brings back so many memories," Veronica said as she opened the box.

"I remember Dad was so competitive. He would always throw curse cards at me when I battled a monster," Veronica laughed as she stared at the cards, racking her brain for memories. I smiled as I helped her set up the board. "You shuffle the Treasures card, I'll shuffled the Door cards," she instructed as she pointed to the stack of Treasures card. I grabbed it and began shuffling it. "You know, next time, let's get Mom to join too." Veronica nodded and I placed the Treasures card on the board.

"Whatcha guys doing?" Luke asked as he walked into the living room. "Playing a memorable board game. Come join us," I sat as I patted the spot on the floor next to me. He smiled as he nodded and came over and sat crossed legged next to me. He draped an arm over my waist as I reached to get the bag of Munchkin pawns. "Hey, exactly four of us," I said as I dumped all the pawns in my hand.

"I choose blue," Luke said as he grinned and I shook my head. "Too bad, I choose blue," I smirked as I picked the blue out of my hand and dumped the other colors on the board. "You guys can choose," I said and then Luke snatched the blue out of my hand. "Luke!" I reached to grab it, but he jerked his hand away.

"You guys act like kids," Veronica muttered and Travis laughed.

I tackled Luke down and I was on top of him, trying to get the blue pawn away from him. "Ha! You can't get it!" He teased me as he kept jerking his hand away every time I tried reaching for it. "Luke gimme it!" I shouted and I fell forward, I planted both my hands on the ground of each side of his head. "I love you," he said and I smiled. Our lips met and our kiss deepened. "So gross," I heard Veronica mutter sarcastically while Travis laughed at her remark. I ignored her as I pulled away.

"I love you too," I whispered to him and he grinned.

"But the blue one is mine," he said, flashing me an evil smirk.

*  *  *

Luke drove us all to the hospital to pick up my mom. He pulled into the parking lot, he hummed a song quietly to himself as he shut off the engine. I got down and took a deep breath of fresh air. Everyone got down and Luke came around to me and grabbed my hand, intertwining his fingers with mine. I smiled up at him as we walked up the parking lot with the others trailing behind us.

We got inside and walked up to the front desk. "Who may you be visiting?" The lady asked as she looked up at us. "Jeane Reynolds," I answered and she glanced at all of us. "We're a big family," I said as I smiled at her. She nodded and waved us off. We walked to my mom's room and I knocked softly. "Hey Mom," I said gently and she was standing by her bed with her clothes on. "Great, you guys are here. The doctor just left, telling me that I'm in a great condition. They had no idea why I healed that quickly. It's so weird," she said as she sighed, slapping her hands on her sides.

I smiled softly, looking over at Luke. Only him and I know why she healed, but we can't say. Even though I am just itching to tell, I know that I need to keep my mouth shut.

My mom walked over to us and she hugged me tightly. "So how about that shopping day you promised me?" She raised an eyebrow and I laughed. She chuckled along and then turned to Veronica. "Girl's day!" My mom raised her voice in excitement and Veronica squealed. I sighed as I smiled at the both of them.

*  *  *

"This is what you girls do?" Travis complained and I gave him a glare. "You dragged yourself into this, do not even blame me," I said as I pointed my finger at him. He sighed as he looked away and I bit back a laugh. Luke seemed to enjoy it more than Travis, Luke even carried my shopping bags. "Look, we'll stop at the sports store that's upstairs after we buy some stuff at Victoria Secret," I explained to Travis.

Travis seemed to like the idea and nodded. "I'll even get you a Miami Dolphins jersey," I added and he flashed me a that's-my-sister smile. I rolled my eyes and I grinned. We stopped at the entrance and I turned to face Travis and Luke. "You guys can either come inside with us and witness all the bras and panties or you guys can wait here, doing nothing."

"I'll go in," Travis said as he smirked.

"You perv of a brother," I muttered and he laughed.

"You gonna come in?" I asked Luke and he nodded. "I'm your bag carrier," he defended himself. "Don't blame me either, I never asked you to be. But it's nice of you, so I love you for that."

We walked in and Travis glanced around at all the pictures of the models. "Such a pervert," I shoved him and he bursted out laughing. I laughed along as I rolled my eyes.

*  *  *

We got home exhausted. I bought Travis his Dolphins jersey I promised, I bought Luke a Green Bay Packers jersey and a drink from Starbucks. I bought my sister bras and panties and a couple of clothing, same for my mom. Travis didn't want anything and I was tired of trying to convince him to let me buy him clothes.

Luke and I were lying down in bed. "I'm just glad they're alright," I said quietly as I leaned my head against Luke's. "Well, as long as we keep them close, they'll be fine." He grabbed my hand under the blanket.

"I'm going to bed now, goodnight," I said as I leaned over and pecked him on the lips.

"Alright. I wanted to stay up longer with you. Oh well, goodnight, I love you."

"I love you too."

______________

Just a quick update on Thanksgiving night. Anyways, love you all.

Please vote(:

I hoped you enjoyed!

~Bethany.