Chapter 4

I woke up and I sat up in my bed. I yawned and I stretched my arms out, "Good morning," a voice said and I pulled my arms close to me, startled. "Uhh," I said and Luke appeared and I sighed in relief. "Glad to see me?" He asked and I shrugged my shoulders. "Not really," I said and he nodded. He sat down on my bed and he looked at me, "Do you know what your third wish is?" I shook my head and I looked at my clock. I still had two hours to get ready. Why did I wake up so early?

"Why do you keep pressuring me to hurry and decide?" I asked as I slammed my hands down.

"It's my job to do that."

"The more you do that, the more stupid wishes I'm going to make."

"That's the point." I stare at him and he stared at me back. I let out a sigh and shook my head. "Whatever," I get up and he stands up after me. "Let's get some breakfast," he said. "Um, I have to get ready for work," I said as I pointed at the clock. "I'll just call you in sick."

"You don't understand. I can't miss a day of work or I'll have piles and piles of work."

"Not if you make a wish," he said as he smirked and I sighed. "I'm not making my third wish. I don't know what I want it to be," I said and he nodded slowly.

My phone rang and I rushed to pick it up. "Hello?"

"Is this Brittney Reynolds?"

"Yes, how may I help you?"

"Are you the daughter of Jeane Reynolds?" It was a man who was speaking. "Yes, yes I am." He paused and took a deep breath, "We have some bad news about your mother..." I held my breath in nervousness, "What is it?" I asked. Luke leaned his ear to my phone, so he can listen as well. "The other day, your mother came in to get a regular checkup for her diabetes. But while we did her checkup, we found out that she has... She has breast cancer."

I bit my bottom lip, trying to hold back the tears. "B-Breast cancer?"

"Yes. I'm very sorry. She's only Stage 1 and it's highly recommended that we start treatment right away so that way she can be cured."

"Well, what are you guys waiting for?"

"The thing is we can't, your mother refused and... We just want to know if maybe you can convince her before her cancer gets worse." He explained and I nodded slowly. "Okay, I'll see what I can do. Thanks..." I hung up and turned to Luke. "I'll like to make my... My third wish," I said and he grinned. "What will that be?" He asked and I took a deep breath.

"I wish for my mother to be cured," I said and he nodded. "With a snap of my fingers, you're mother will be cured by tomorrow." He snapped his fingers and I smiled. "Thank you," I said and I suddenly hugged him. He jumped back, but then finally returned my hug. "Well for what?" He asked. "For helping me," I said. "I'm a genie, I only grant your wishes." He raised an eyebrow.

"But still, thanks for helping me," I said as tears rolled down my cheek. "You are a strange one," he said and he wiped my tears with his fingers. "Are you still in for breakfast?" He asked and I laughed as I nodded. "Totally, but lemme get changed first." I said and he nodded. I walked to my closet and pulled out jeans, a gray long sleeved shirt and a peach cardigan.

I turned to Luke. "Now get out," I said as I pointed my finger to the door. "Okay okay." He walked out closing the door behind him. I got dressed and put my hair up in a lazy bun. I slipped on my brown boots and grabbed my phone and my keys. I went out to the living room where Luke sat on the couch waiting. "Okay, let's go." I walked to the kitchen table and grabbed my purse.