Chapter 2

Still not edited >.> if I mess up, I'm truly sorry xD

~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up early and took a shower. I got dressed into my favorite black pencil skirt, a white blouse and my black suit jacket. I had trouble putting on pantyhose, but I managed to get them on. I put on some makeup and curled my hair. Today was the day where Xavier announces who gets a promotion based on the designers' designs they turned into him. It was a requirement, whoever didn't participate would get fired automatically.

I didn't want to participate. I thought it was ridiculous, but I made designs anyway. I put a lot of effort into it, but then again, Alice had to come along and steal it away from me.

I rushed downstairs and grabbed my brown leather jacket from the kitchen table and slipped it on. I opened the closet that was next to the laundry room and took out my black high heels. I slipped them on and rushed to the kitchen table and grabbed my purse and my keys. My phone rang and I sighed as I fished it out of my purse.

I answered it, "Hello?"

"Yeah, Britt, it's me Mary. I need a ride to work. I'm so sorry, but my car wouldn't work this morning! It probably froze up because of the cold weather."

I sighed and looked over at the time on the microwave. "I'll try! After I pick you up we can't go anywhere else," I said as I rushed out the front door, closing it and locking it behind me. "I'm going to be late because of you," I muttered. "I love you!" She said and I laughed as I hung up.

I got in my car and I drove out of my driveway. I made my way to Mary's house and I parked by the curb. She rushed out and hopped into the passenger seat. "It's freezing," she said as she rubbed her hands together. "I know," I said back as I drove off to TAT. "My brother kept bothering me this morning. I had to make him breakfast and pick out a suit and a tie for him. I was going to run late because of him. He took the truck this morning and I should've asked him for a ride, not knowing my car wouldn't work."

I nodded as I pulled into the parking lot. I parked and we got out. I locked the car and put my keys in my purse. Mary had one hand in her jacket and the other was by her side as she held the strap of her purse. I hung my purse on my shoulder and I stuck both my hands in my jacket. It was freezing cold outside and we made our way into the building.

We got into the elevator and we reached the eighth floor. We said goodbye as we parted, she went to her office and I went to mine. I unlocked my office and walked in, flicking the lights on and closing the door behind me. I sighed as I placed my purse on my desk and took off my leather jacket, draping it over my desk chair.

There was a knock on my door and Jack walked in. I smiled as I looked up at him. "You're looking beautiful as ever," he said and I blushed. "Oh please, I dress the same everyday." He closed the door behind him and walked up to me. "How did you think you did with the designs?" He asked and I shrugged my shoulders. "I honestly don't know, but I hope I did good." He nodded.

Jack was my current boyfriend, I was happy to be with him, but sometimes I felt there was something missing with him. He rubbed my back and he leaned in to kiss me. I held up my hand, "We agreed to only do this outside of work. I cannot be seen like this. I like seperating personal matters with business," I said and he sighed as he pulled back. "Fine..." He said disappointedly as he walked to the door.

He placed a hand on the doorknob and turned to me. "I wish you good luck," he said. "Thank you," I smiled and he left.

I sighed out loud as I sat at my desk. I pulled out a paper and began drawing some designs. They were ideas that I thought of this morning. I just needed to draw them down before I forget them. My office door opened and I spun in my chair to face them. My face dropped when I saw Alice standing there. Her blouse was a little too low, showing her crack and I was disgusted.