Chapter 14

Not edited :) so um... Please don't mind the mistakes ._.

~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up with Luke right beside me. It was the best feeling in the world. I want it to be like that everyday of my life. Which is really weird, because I've never felt this way for a man my entire life. Well, that's because I never even had a man. I yawned as I stood up and looked over at Luke. I smiled at his sleeping face. I walked out of my room and went to the kitchen. I wanted to make breakfast, but with the lack of ingredients I had, I decided to go to the store.

Luke is still sleeping, so I'll try to hurry up and buy my things. I grabbed my purse off the kitchen table, slipped on my boots and put on a coat. I went outside and got in my car and drove to the small grocery store.

I got inside and started searching for the items I needed. "Pancake mix," I mumbled to myself as I wandered to an aisle. "Doughnuts..." I said aloud as I saw the powedered doughnuts in a bag, sitting on the shelf. "No I don't need it," I said as I looked away, but I ended up looking back at the bag. "Uhh... Maybe just this once," I said as I grabbed the bag and threw it into the basket. Dang it Brittney, you fell for the temptation.

I walked down the aisle and grabbed the pancake mix and put it into the basket. "Eggs, bread and milk," I said to myself as I walked to the back where the large fridges are. I opened one and grabbed a cartridge of eggs and opened the next fridge and grabbed a jug of milk. "Brittney!" A voice yelled and I dropped the milk.

I turned to see Luke storming my direction. "Dang it Luke! You made me drop the milk!" I raised my voice as I picked up the jug. Now, it had a big dent on the bottom and I sighed as I stared at it.

"You scared the sh....crap out of me! I woke up and you were gone!" He yelled as a mother with a child passed by. They turned to look at us and I looked down at my feet in embarrassment. "Luke... I'm sorry, but let's talk at home," I whispered and he nodded slowly as he took the jug and basket from my hands. "I-I can carry it!" I said as I tried taking the basket from it, but he pulled it away from me.

"Just finish shopping," he said and I nodded. We went to the bread section and I grabbed a loaf of bread and we paid for all the items. We got in my car and drove in awkward silence to my house. I pulled up in the driveway and parked. We got down and got all groceries down and went inside and placed them all on the kitchen table. As I walked in the living room, I saw Otis sitting there and I screamed. Luke rushed to me and I saw the anger in Luke's face.

"I'll only be here for a few minutes, but I'm just here to tell you something," he said as he turned to me. "You better watch over your family. The master and I have some serious plans waiting to happen," with that said, Otis left and I stood there panicking inside. "Luke. This is bad, very bad. They're going to mess with my family?" I asked out loud as I turned to him and his eyes narrowed. "I don't know what their intentions are, but let's keep a close eye on your family."

I nodded as I walked back to the kitchen table. I lost my appetite and I didn't want to put anything away now. Thanks to Otis, he ruined my good mood. "Hey, go sit down and rest. I'll put the things away," Luke said gently as he placed a hand on my shoulder. "Okay. Thank you," I said as I kissed his cheek and I walked back to the living room.

My phone rang and turned back around to walk to the kitchen table. "It's your sister," Luke said as he held out my phone to me. "Alright, thanks." I took my phone from him and answered it. I walked back to the living room, "Hello?"