Chapter 9

Vote, comment, follow! :)

~~~~~~~~~~

"Let her go!" Luke yelled as he came running down the sidewalk. Preston only scoffed as he clutched my coat tighter. "Oh look, it's knight in shining armor," Preston said sarcastically. "I wish for you guys to leave me alone!" I screamed out and looked towards Luke. Luke didn't say anything or snap his fingers. Instead, he turned them all to dust. I fell back and I looked around at all the dust on the floor.

"L-Luke..." I looked up at him as he walked closer to me. "D-Did you grant my wish?" I asked him and he looked away.

I got up on my feet and I touched his shoulder and he shrugged me off. "I don't know why I'm doing this," he muttered and I titled my head in confusion. "Doing what?" I asked him and he turned to look at me. "This," he said as he waved to all the dust. "I'm breaking and bending all the rules of being a genie for you," he furrowed his eyebrows in frustration.

He looked cute when he did that face. "Luke..." I wasn't sure what to say. He looked me in the eyes and then sighed. "Brittney, you're just... Different," he said. "What do you mean?" I asked him and he turned around, ready to walk away. "I..." He paused and then he disappeared.

I took a deep breath and began walking to my house. So those guys are gone? They're just dust? I can go back to work! I smiled in excitement, I was going to make a surprise entry towards Xavier and Alice.

I jogged back home and went inside to find my mother asleep on the couch. I grabbed my purse and wrote her a note and left it on the small table in the living room. It said that I was fine and I'll be at work for a couple of hours. I went back outside and got into my car. I drove to TAT to show those rascals a piece of my mind. I pulled up into the parking lot and went inside. I got in the elevator and went to the eighth floor.

I walked to Xavier's office and barged in to him and Alice making out. I was disgusted by it, but then again, pleased to have interrupted. Alice's face dropped as soon as she saw me and she scrambled off of Xavier's lap. "Was he also on your list too?" I asked her as I grinned. Her face turned red in anger and she turned to Xavier. "I hate you!" She yelled and she ran out.

A smirk spread across my face as I placed my hands on my hips. "Oh Xavier, I knew it was you all along. I definitely knew, oh how could I ever not know?" I hummed happily as his face turned to a look of nervousness. "I have proof to know it was you, even your boys will confess. I have them right under my finger," I completely lied. I just want Xavier to confess. I reached into my bag and felt my fingers wrapped around my phone.

"Brittney!" Xavier said and I smiled at him as I pressed the 'record' button on my phone. I placed my purse on his desk and I leaned in forward to him. "I didn't mean to! Alice just wanted me to get rid of you a-and...! A-and... Well I really love her!" He stuttered and I could tell he was really nervous. "Your actions can cause you the loss of your great position and years in jail. Actions do have consequences," I said as I crossed my arms.

"And 'love'? Pfft, haha! Alice is a user, she's only using you because you have the money to hire people to get rid of me. All she does is seduce you, get you to do her dirty work for her and then moves on to the next person. Jack was one of them. I have no idea who he is, but he's completely brainwashed just like you!" I pointed out as I couldn't help myself but laugh.

"Brittney! It wasn-"

"Did you or did you not hire those men?!"

"I didn't I swe-"