Chapter 8

Not edited >.> Vote! Comment! Follow!

~~~~~~~~~~

Luke and I decided to sit down on the couch. He was facing me with concern in his eyes. "You can tell me when you're ready," he said as he placed a hand on my lap. I sighed, "I am ready... But it's just been so long since I have talked about it." Luke nodded and he scooted closer to me. "After I graduated high school, I decided to stay at home and maybe get money from my parents. I thought that they could just give me what I wanted instead of me going out in the world and working for myself.

"My dad wasn't the healthiest person, no matter how much he exercised or bench pressed. He had this condition with his heart. When I turned twenty, it was a year where my dad decided to yell at me. He told me that I was an inconsiderate moocher and that I would never learn what it meant to live yourself. He got a heart attack and I called the ambulance.

"He passed away in the hospital and my mom never spoke to me for a while. I decided to move out and find a small apartment states away from where my mom lived. I actually wanted to move to a different country. Ever since my dad's last words, I never really wanted to face my mother. I wanted to be alone. Like, I feel as if I still have many more years ahead of me to prove my dad worthy of myself. That, I can provide for myself. That I don't need a man or family's help no matter what situation I am in." Tears were rolling down my cheeks and Luke wiped them away.

"I didn't mean for him to die! I... I just miss him so much! I wish he was still alive to witness how good I'm doing!" I sobbed hard and Luke pulled me into his arms.

"My mom visited me two years later to check on me. To see how I'm doing and... And... I couldn't face her because whenever I see her... It just reminds me of my dad," I said in my cries. Luke patted my back and I buried my face into his chest. "That's part of life... Maybe if your dad hadn't died, you would still be in his house. Even though those experiences are the worst, you learn from them and that's what you did," he said and I knew he was right.

I looked up at him and I nodded slowly. "Thank you," I whispered and he placed his hands on either side of my face. He wiped my tears with his thumbs and he smiled at me. "Look at you, you're a strong, independent woman living by yourself." I smiled back and I threw my arms around him. "This is what I told you about... You're not just a genie, you're so much more than that."

*  *  *

Two days flew by really fast. I spent those days cleaning around my house. I could've wished for it to be done automatically, but I knew that was a waste of a wish. And for some reason, I didn't want to use all my ten wishes yet. I want to know what happens if I don't use up my ten wishes within a month.

The doorbell rang and I opened the door. My mother stood there smiling as she walked up and hugged me. "Brittney! You look even more beautiful than last time! Are you taking care of yourself?" She asked and I nodded. "That's excellent," she said and she grabbed a suitcase that was sitting right next to her. "I was thinking maybe I could stay with you for a couple of nights," she suggested. "Uh... Maybe for a night, yeah," I said and she nodded as she walked inside, closing the door behind her.

"I know you probably don't want to see me... Especially the arguement we had last time, but I love tour Brittney. You're my daughter and how can I cut ties with my daughter whom I love so much?" She placed her hands on my shoulders and smiled up at me. I was taller than her, I got it from my dad.

Flashback: The Argument From Last Visitation.