Chapter 15

Not edited, which you probably already know.

~~~~~~~~~~

We sat there until visiting hours were over and they kicked us out. I sat down on the curb outside of the hospital and Luke sat down next to me. "I hate Otis," I mumbled and Luke nodded as he put an arm around me. "I know. Don't let him get you angry to much. Because if you get too angry, then Otis knows he's doing his job. You're his bait," Luke said and I sighed. "My family is the most precious thing I have, I don't need him taking them away from me."

Luke nodded as he patted my back. "I'll make sure of that. But, right now in my world, I'm not the most wanted man there," he said as he ran his fingers through his hair. I just feel like crying right now, but I know that if I have to help my family get through this, I'll have to stay strong. I want to show everyone I'm strong, especially Otis. I bit my lip as I looked over at Luke. He gave me a gentle smile and I smiled weakly back at him.

"Let's go home. We can check on them tomorrow," he said as he smiled and I nodded. He helped me stand up and we walked to the car. He opened the door to the passenger side and I got in. He went around to the driver's side and got in. "Thanks for driving," I told him as he started the car. I sighed as I leaned my head on the window. "No problem. I actually enjoy driving," he said and I smiled weakly.

We got to the house and we got down and went inside. I walked to the kitchen and opened the fridge and took out a cold water bottle. I untwisted the cap off and took a big gulp, feeling the cold water running down my throat. I could feel it traveling to my stomach. I looked over at Luke who already walked over to the couch and lied down. I smiled to myself, I already felt like we were a married couple.

I walked over to him and set the water bottle down on the side table. He looked up at me and smiled as he held out his arms. I lied down in his arms and he pulled me close. "Luke... I feel as if we're already a married couple," I said as I looked up at him. "I feel the same," he said and I smiled. "We're just practicing for the real thing," he winked and I chuckled as I leaned my head in his chest. "Let's go to the bedroom," he said and I shook my head. "I don't want to move. I'm already warm," I said as I wrapped my arms tighter around him.

He chuckled as he tightened his grip as well. "Alright. Well goodnight," he said as he kissed the top of my head. "Goodnight."

*  *  *

When I woke up, I was the only one on the couch. I panicked for a second, but then I heard the shower running and I sighed in relief. I sat up and grabbed a blanket and pulled it over me. I turned on the TV and turned it to the News. "Today is going to be even colder than yesterday's temperature. Make sure to bundle up before you go outside. And keep in mind that tonight is going to be below freezing!" I watched the weather lady as she just pointed to a bunch of symbols, which I had no care for because I never bothered to learn what they meant.

I barely remember cold front and warm front. "Hey," Luke said as he came around to the back of the couch and wrapped his arms over my chest. "Good morning," I said as I leaned my head back to look at him. "Good morning to you too," he said as he leaned down to kiss me. I placed my hands on top of his head and he placed his hands on the top of the couch.

"Wow, what a show," Otis appeared, clapping his hands. Luke and I pulled away and I stood up. "You only have three more wishes to make in a week and a half. Now that's the pressure. Just reminding you," he said to me and then he turned to Luke. "I'm also reminding you that after her time is up, you're in trouble too, with the master." Luke crossed his arms over his chest. "So what? What about you? Do you want me to tell the master what you've done too?" Luke asked him and Otis took a step back.