Part 25: the one where she explains

"Can I help you?" I freeze. Shit. Fuck. Shit fuck shitty fuckity shit. What do I do? Lana don't just stand there you look like a creep. I slowly turn around and make eye contact with the person standing there. My shoulders relax when I realise who it is.

"Lana? What on god's green earth are you doing here?"

"Hi Kate." I say softly. She closes the door behind her and walks over to me. She engulfs me and I hug her back. Wow I didn't realise how much I missed her as well.

"Hun, what are you doing here?" she asks softly.

"I want to see him Kate." I say softly.

"Sweetie, I know you do but after all that you know what's gonna happen. You know the pain your gonna go through." She says in the most caring way possible.

"I know Kate I really do, but I would do it for him. I miss him Kate and I want to see him again. I don't care about the pain I will be in, I just want to see him again." I say and my voice breaks on the last sentence. She shakes her head and sighs.

"If you really want to do this, you came at a good time." She says.

"What do you mean?" I ask her confused.

"There is a party tonight," she says and my heart rate picks up.

"Listen, go tonight and see what happens. I can't take you inside since he is in there but are you gonna be okay?" she asks me. I nod.

"I will be okay Kate, thank you." I say as I start to walk back to my car. I hope in my car and drive back to Stacey's cafe. I walk inside and take a seat in the booth since it was a bit busy and I didn't want to bother Stacey.

"Excuse me aren't you meant to be with your best friends right now?" I heard Stacey say as she walks past the table to place some dirty cups in the kitchen. She returns and takes a seat in front of me.

"Aren't you meant to be working?" I sass back.

"Lunch break sweetheart, now I believe we have some catching up to do" she says as she scoots a little closer to me.

"What do you want to know?" I ask

"Everything." She says as if it were obvious.

"Okay well Ruel and I moved too Adelaide when we were 6 because his dad had to move for work and I refused to stay in Sydney. I couldn't live without him back then." I start explaining.

"What do you mean back then?" she asks.

"I'll get to that part soon. Anyways we moved, met our best friends Bella and Jaden. Everything was great for the past 10 years or so. Then last year everything just... changed." I say remembering every little thing that happened. Memories flashing through my head, as if it was a lifetime ago.

"Hey, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to." She says resting her hand on top of mine, noticing my change in character.

"No its okay, I need to get it off my chest." I smile softly. She simply nods.

"Last year, Ruel and I had a sudden change in ourselves. We fell for each other. We kissed a few times. We almost did... things. My boyfriend at the time cheated on me with Ruel's girlfriend at the time who actually bullied me since the day we moved to Adelaide. Anyway, she turned into a psyco bitch and ended up shooting Ruel in his torso." I see Stacey's facial feature change into shock.

"I know crazy right?" I ask and she nods.

"After that, he was in a coma for a week. When he woke up he um, he didn't remember me." I bow my head down feeling my heart pang with pain. Why after such a long time am I so affected by it?

"After that, we did everything we could to get him to remember me but he couldn't. He remembered almost everyone, except me and no one knew why. His parents thought it would be best if they moved back to Sydney so I wouldn't go through the pain of seeing him every day. A year later, my boyfriend cheats on me with a random bitch he probably found at the bar and I'm having another breakdown. I miss Ruel more than ever so I came to see him but his mum said it was better to go to a party he is going to tonight." I explain it all to her. I left out a few details since they weren't that big of a deal.

"Wow um I wasn't expecting that." She says in shock.

"I'd be a bit concerned if you were." I say crackling a smile making her chuckle a bit.

"So why couldn't you see him at his house?" she asks me.

"Because it would be weird to see a stranger in your house." I simply say.

"So your telling me your gonna go to this party and meet Ruel all over again?" she says confused.

"I'm gonna meet him all over again."