Part 3: the one where they're mad

We walked into our English class and sat in the back left corner where we always sat. Bella and Jaden walked in and glared at us when they noticed we were sitting there. Ruel sat in the corner slouched down with his head hung low, his hair covering his eyes and I say next to him with my feet on the table, not caring we were in class. Jaden sat in front of Ruel and Bella in front of me.

"Where the fuck did you guys go?" Jaden says quietly since the teacher was talking.

"It's fine Jay don't worry about it." I say not wanting to talk, clearly Ruel didn't either.

"It's not fine Lana! Ruel stormed off and you went after him and we haven't seen you until now!" he says loudly.

"Jaden! Is there something you would like to share with the class?" Ms Janister says grabbing the attention of the entire class, including us.

"No, its none of your business." He says sassily. He really didn't know how to keep his mouth shut.

"Well Mr. Evans, you have just earned yourself and your friends a detention afterschool." She says rather rudely.

"They didn't even do anything!" he yells at her.

"Would you like another one?" she challenges. He groans and slides back down into his seat.

"This conversation isn't over," I heard Bella say lowly. Why are they so worked up over this? Why was everyone so angry all of a sudden? The rest of class went by and we all did our separate work, not saying anything the entire time which was so weird to me. We always messed around and never did work. Something was wrong and didn't know what but it was clear everyone else knew. Why hasn't anyone told me? Am I the problem? Did I do something wrong? Suddenly I'm snapped out of my thoughts when the bell rang, signalling it was the end of the day. I quickly closed my laptop and grabbed my books and ran out of class before anyone could stop me. I ran to my locker and shoved all of my things inside. I don't know why but I wanted to just get out of there. I was scared that if I stopped then someone would confront me and tell me I had done something. I didn't want to be around people. I slammed my locker closed and bolted through the large crowd of people heading towards the front doors. I ran outside only to see the car park flooded with people. I spot Ruel's hair above the sea of people and I bolt the other way. I ran to the side of the building and down to the back. I couldn't go out there, there were so many people. Surely one of them would see me. Why was I making such a big deal out of this? I could just walk past them. No, nope never mind I can't. I slouch my back against the brick wall and slide down it, sitting down on the cold concrete. I feel my phone vibrating in my pocket and I reach in a grab it. It was Ruel. I lock my phone, muting the sound and place it on the ground next to me. I pull the hood over my head and pull the sleeves way over my hands since I was so large. I was about to ask myself why it was so huge but then I remembered it was Ruel's. It even smelt like him, sandalwood and strawberries. I breathed in his scent through the hoodie and curled up into a ball. It was autumn so it was starting to get colder and colder each day. I sat there for god knows how long breathing in Ruels scent through the jumper, calming a little more each time. I hear shuffling from far away and my head pipes up. I look up to see Ruel running around the back of the school he looked lost and confused. He suddenly looked over at me and made eye contact with me. Relief washed over his face but worry filled mine. He slowly walked over to me and once he reached me he didn't say anything. He stood there for a few seconds before sitting down to my right, putting his back against the wall as well.

"I'm sorry," he said quietly. I didn't say anything in return.

"I'm sorry for getting angry at you. You haven't done anything wrong and I know you think you have, I can see it in your eyes and I know you well enough to know you think you did something wrong. But you didn't. there is just so much going on and I'm so confused and I took my anger out on you when I shouldn't have." I he bows his head down. I didn't know what to say so I just lent over and put my head on his shoulder. He sighed and placed his head on top of mine.

"I love you," I simply say.

"I love you too bub," he says softly.

"Can I ask you something?" I say

"Of course,"

"Can we stop saying too? I know it sounds weird but it makes it sound like we only love each other because we have to. I don't know if that makes any sense bu-"

"Love, stop rambling again. But of course. Just know I do love you all of the time, not just because you love me." He says lifting his head, smiling at me.

"I know, and it's the same for me," he says looking up at his emerald green eyes. He places his head on top of mine again.

"I know," he says quietly.