Part 6: the one where they cuddled

I woke up to movement underneath me. It took me a minute to figure out what was going on and I opened my eyes. I look up and see Ruel. I soon recognized he was carrying me up the stairs.

"Ruel? Where are we going?" I say quietly not wanting to startle him.

"Sorry bub, I didn't mean to wake you. I was just taking you to my room so you could rest." He says softly.

"What time is it?" I ask

"2 am" he responded opening his bed room door. I was extremely exhausted. I just wanted to sleep. Ruel placed me in his bed and pulled the covers over me. I heard rustling and footsteps around the room then silence. I didn't feel any movement on the bed so I opened my eyes. I realised Ruel had made himself a bed next to his actual one using blankets, pillows and a few jumpers.

"Ruel? Why are you on the floor?" I ask him. His head shot up from the pillow and looked at me.

"Oh, I thought you would want some space since you know, all that happened." He said quietly.

"Ruel, if anything I need a big fucking hug right now. Please, come sleep up here." I said pleadingly. I knew I sounded desperate but I didn't care. He sighed and slowly got up. As soon as he stood up I noticed he didn't have a shirt on and was just wearing shorts. He looked down at himself before blushing. He went to turn around but I grabbed his wrist.

"It's fine, just lay down please." I say sounding more desperate than before. He hesitated before crawling under the covers and placing his head on the pillow next to mine. Ruel was always hesitant about touching me when we were in a bed and I don't know why. It sounds sexual as hell but he would hesitate to do something simple like put his arm around my waist. I guess he just doesn't want to over step any boundaries because he has seen it happen to me with other guys so many times. There was a rather large gap between us and I didn't like it. I really needed a hug.

"Ruel."

"Yeah?" he looks up at me. I look into his eyes for a moment before moving closer to him. Our faces were now inches apart and I could feel his breath on my face. I grab his wrist under the covers and place it over my waist. If I told him to do it he wouldn't, so I did it myself. He look slightly shocked but soon he relaxed. We looked into each-other's eyes before suddenly he pulled me even closer. My head was now under his chin and my arm around his waist. His right arm was above my head and his left arm was tightly wrapped around my waist and back. Our legs were now tangled and I felt so much more at peace. I felt warm and comfortable. I felt safe.

"I could get used to this," I mumble into his chest.

"Me too love, me too" I couldn't see his face but I could tell he was smiling. There was a comfortable silence between us before Ruel spoke up.

"I'm sorry," he said almost inaudible.

"For what?" I ask

"For not listening. I should've never got with Nikki in the first place I'm a shitty friend." He said.

"Ruel listen to me," I say pulling away from his chest so I could look at him. He didn't make eye contact with me.

"Look at me." I say softly as I grab his chin and turn it towards me. He looked broken, who could blame him.

"Don't apologise for something you couldn't control. You loved her and that's something you cant help. I'm sorry I acted like a bitch about it, like I said its not your fault. You shouldn't let me effect who you do and don't date." I say staring into his emerald eyes.

"I should let you effect who I do and don't date though." He replies.

"Why? That's stupid." I say confused.

"Because you are my best friend. I have known you for twelve fucking years and I love you more than I have ever loved anyone. You are my literal rock Lana and so if you don't like someone I need to know. Don't put up with it because you want to me to be happy. Tell me and I'll find someone better who you do like." He said every word so strongly I knew he wasn't kidding. I didn't know what to say. I was speechless. He smirked at me noticing I hadn't said anything.

"What's wrong love? Cat got your tongue?" he says chuckling a little. I glanced at his lips and back up to his eyes. We locked eyes and I saw him smile whilst I did the same.

"You know, I don't understand why you don't like your nose. It's actually really cute." I say smiling at him.

"I don't know, I don't like anything about myself actually." He said shrugging. I scoff.

"I really don't see why. Everything about you is perfect Ruel." I say and he looks away from me.

"Very far from it," he mumbles.

"Hey," I say grabbing his chin making him look at me once again.

"I know you don't believe me but trust me when I say you are perfect Ruel. Everything about you is perfect and I wouldn't change anything about you. You may not like things about yourself but I love every fucking inch of you. All 76 inches of your dumb ass." I say giggling the last part making him smile.

"What would I do without you?" he said smiling at me.

"God knows but your life would be a lot less interesting." I smirk at him.

"You got that right," he laughs quietly. I lifted my body up to check the clock, Ruel turning around doing the same. We both sighed when we saw it was 3 am. Had we really been talking for an hour. Ruel rolled back over and I snuggled back down into his chest.

"good night," I hear him say quietly.

"night," I mumble back. A few minutes passed and just as I was about to fall asleep I heard something.

"I love you so much beautiful, you're myeverything." Ruel whispered softly. I smiled but I didn't say anything becausehe probably thought I was asleep. I felt him kiss the top of my head and mystomach did a back flip and I tried not to smile too much otherwise he would'venoticed I was awake. I felt so at peace. I felt so safe and protected. I neverfelt like this with anyone, not even Luke. Right now, all I cared about wasRuel. Right now, all I needed was Ruel.