Part 22: the one where they heat things up

"Really? You'll do it." he says sounding relieved.

"Yes, but on one condition." I say looking back up at him

"Which is?"

"You come with me for a bit. I don't wanna be in there alone unless I have to be." I say pouting at him, knowing he couldn't resist me when I did it.

"Fine. But first, we need to go to bed because its..." he pulls his phone out of his pocket to check the time and he looks shocked. "currently 12 o'clock." He says making me giggle a little. I jump up and walking over to him. I wrap my arms around his waist and he pulls me into his chest, wrapping his arms around my shoulders.

"I'm sorry I've made your life shitty. I don't deserve you." I mumble into his chest.

"You haven't made my life shitty. If anything you have made a billion times better. You're right, you don't deserve me because you deserve so much better. You deserve the world and everything around it." he says softly whilst stroking my hair. He knew that always calmed me down.

"I'm sorry. I love you." I mumble once again, this time hugging him tighter.

"I love you more." He whispers.

-

We were now back at my house and sitting in the living room.

"Oh hi Jay, what are you doing here so late?" I hear my mum say as she walks into the room with her dinner. She had been working late nights recently and I didn't know why.

"Lana just wanted to chat for a bit. I can leave if you want me too?" he says as more of a question.

"Don't be silly hun, you're more than welcome to stay. You know you can come here whenever, just let someone know." She says laughing a bit, making me smile.

"Thank you," he says smiling at her.

"Of course, now how would you kids like to watch a movie with me and then we head to bed when we are ready?" my mum asks us.

"Sure." I answer feeling a bit tired from my mental breakdown earlier.

"Okay what should we watch?" Jay asks grabbing the remote. We spend 15 minutes trying to decide a movie since we all wanted to watch different things. We ended up putting on an episode of 'Animal Kingdom' even though I have watched it about 5 times already.

"Let me go get some snacks. Do you want anything?" my mum says standing up from her chair.

"I'm good thanks ma," I say politely.

"I'm okay thank you though," Jay says next to me. My mum nods her head and walks out of the room. I stare at the wall, zoning out from my surroundings for a moment. My thoughts kept drifting back to Kayden and who he was with.

"Hey," I hear Jay say quietly next to me. I turn to look at him.

"I hope you know Kayden doesn't deserve you. He never deserved you." He says softly. I look into his eyes and I can tell he really does care about me. I look at his lips and immediately think of the day I found out about Ruel at the hospital. I thought about how soft his lips were and how he held me so tightly afterwards, like I was everything to him. I thought about how the kiss was soft yet passionate. At that time, it was heat of the moment but right now I wanted to kiss him again and I didn't know why. Maybe it was because I felt alone after Kayden cheating on me. I leaned in and I felt his breath on my lips. I shouldn't do this. I can't keep leading him on every time a guy hurts me, but I really needed physical attention. I can't do this. Why do I keep leaning in?

"I'm baaack," my mum says walking into the room holding her snacks. I move away from Jays face and just cuddle into his side. He puts him arm on the chair behind my head and rests his head on mine. I sigh but not loud enough for him to notice. We continue watching the show and by the end of the episode I was half asleep.

"Oh dear it's almost 1 am. Jay you're more than welcome to stay the night, I'm heading to bed. See you tomorrow tamahine," my mum gets up and gives me a kiss on the cheek, doing the same to Jay making me giggle because he doesn't like when people touch his face.

"Good night ma," I say as she walks out of the room.

"So," Jay says making me turn my attention to him.

"So," I repeat making him smirk at me. God that smirk made my stomach flip in the best way possible.

"Lana," he says softly. I decide to swiftly move so I was straddling his lap. I ran my hands down his chest then moved my hips forward slightly, making Jaden grab my waist and breathe in suddenly. It took me a second to realise why but when I did, I smirked. I moved again, and again.

"Lana, if you don't stop I swear to god..." he trails off. His hands now had a tight grasp on my hips and it hurt a little, but I didn't mind. I starting grinding my hips more and his breathing becomes heavier. I decide to make him want more and I start kissing his neck.

"Lana, I said stop." He says weakly making me smirk against his skin. I move my lips next his ear and whisper gently.

"Or what? You'll hurt me?" I say teasingly. Suddenly, Jay jumps up and we are standing in the living room. His once bright green eyes were now dark and full of lust. He grabbed my hand and we ran down the hall way. Once we reached my bedroom, he closed the door behind him and locked it, smirking at me. I back up and sit down on my bed, pouting at him. He growled under his breath before walking over to me. He picked me up and threw me to the top of the bed, making me smirk at him once again. He moved so he was sitting in front of me. I lightly pushed me down on to the bed so I was resting on the headboard. He moved me legs apart and sat in between them. He then moved so he was hovering over me, his hands either side of my head. I leaned up at the same time he leaned down and our lips met softly yet passionately. My hands slowly snaked around his neck and through his hair. The them removed his lips from mine, placing the on my neck. He sucked harshly, surely leaving a mark or two. He sat up, allowing me to remove my top whilst he removed his. He then leaded back down and continued kissing me across my body. His lips slowly travelled down to my chest, between my boob, on my stomach before he reached my pant line. He looked up at me before I nod in approval, letting him know I was okay with this. He then slowly unbuttoned and pulled down my jeans. He threw them to god knows where in the room and I realised I was now just sitting there in my underwear. I look up at him, unsure of what to do. Did I really wanna do this? Was I okay with going that far? I didn't know anymore. I instantly sit up and place my arms around my knees. God, why did I have to ruin this?

"Hey, boo what's wrong?" Jaden says noticing my sudden change in behaviour. He still doesn't know what happened with Ruel's brother. No one did, except for Luke and I. I didn't know what to say so I just shook my head.

"I'm sorry I'll stop im so sorry I didn't mean to hurt you I-" jaden started panicking before I cut him off by smashing my lips into his. I kissed him for a lit while before pulling away.

"Jay, you didn't do anything wrong. It's just I thought I was ready but I'm not. I'm sorry I don't wanna ruin you having a good time but I just froze." I say tucking my knees to my chest again.

"Lana, you didn't ruin my good time. If you're not ready I'm okay with that. You do what you wanna do whenever you're ready. Don't be sorry, okay? Do you just wanna cuddle?" he asks me and I nod shyly. He gets up from me bed and grabs his shirt from the ground. He hands it to me and I look at him confusingly.

"Wear it, dummy." He says smiling at me, making me do the same. I slipped the shirt over my head and I felt better immediately. His scent was so strong and the shirt was still warm. He then got in beside me and pulls the covers over our torsos. I shimmied down so all that was now out of the covers was my head. I turned to face Jaden and as soon as I did, he pulled me closer to his chest. I relaxed instantly and snuggled into his chest even more.

"I'm sorry," I mumble.

"How many time do I have to tell you you don't have to apologise before you stop saying sorry?" he says and I just shrugged. I hear him sigh and his grip around me tightens ever so lightly. God I wish you were Ruel.