Part 1: the one where they come home

"Would you quit making that noise!" I scream.

"Jesus what crawled up your ass this morning," Dylan says next to me.

"I'm trying to do my English essay and your annoying ass is making bird noises next to me so will you shut the fuck up before I throw my entire laptop at your face" I say whilst groaning in frustration.

"Mommy! Lama said a bad word!" Zara said running into the kitchen with her care bear.

"Lana how many times have I told you? No swearing, especially in front of your little sister," my mom scolded me as she walked into the living room with two sandwiches on two plates. She set them down on the old wooden coffee table in front of Dylan and I.

"I'm sorry ma I'm just so stressed right now I can't think straight," I say placing my laptop next to me.

"Ah yes the joys of junior year. Well little sis hate to break is too you but the work has only just begun," Dylan says stretching his right arm behind my back along the old leather couch cushions.

"Tell me about it. I have only been there for two weeks and I have an assignment due in a week!" I say rubbing my temples. Dylan is my brother. He was 4 years older than me, meaning he is 20. Zara was my little sister, she is 7. As for me well I'm 16, just starting junior year and boy did I already hate it.

"Darling, why don't you take a break and have some lunch?" my mum says gesturing at the sandwich she made for me as she sat down on one of the tub chairs to my right. I reach forward and grab the plate in front of me. I lift the sandwich off of the plate and take a massive bite out of it. I hear the door unlock and I instantly knew who it was.

"In here!" I shout out. Suddenly, their head whips around the corner causing me so jump up and smile. I run over to them and wrap my arms around their neck pulling them closer than ever before.

"Calm down Lana your gonna kill the poor girl," my mum said behind me. I pulled away slightly so I wasn't crushing her but I still was hugging her tightly.

"I missed you so much," she mumbled into my shoulder.

"I missed you too," I say pulling away.

"Well don't just stand there, come give your mother a hug!" my mum says standing up from her previous position. She ran over to my mom and gave her the biggest bear hug. If you couldn't already figure it out, that was my other sister Kelsey. Her and Dylan were twins, but they were never that close. She had just been on a two year trip around Europe with her boyfriend Jamie so that will explain why we are hugging her to death.

"Oh wow you would forget your own twin brother," Dylan says rolling his eyes. Kelsey jumps on top of him and hugs him so tightly I think he might break a bone. Luckily he did the same back to her. Even despite their closeness, or lack thereof, they missed each other greatly. The longest period of time they had spent away from each other before Kelsey's trip was two days and that was when they were 12 and Dylan had a virus. I decided to join in and jump on top of them as well causing Dylan to groan because of my added weight.

"Hey, what about me?" I hear a little voice say from behind me. All three of us lift our heads to see a pouty Zara behind us wanting some love as well. Kelsey turns around and sits to Dylan's right while I sit on his left. Dylan reaches forward and picks up Zara placing her on Kelsey's lap.

"Now how is my favourite little munchkin doing? Look at you, you have gotten so big!" Kelsey says in a baby voice at Zara. Zara blushes a little, adding to her cuteness even more.

"I'm seven!" she exclaims whilst holding up eight fingers making us all giggle at her. It felt so good for Kelsey to be home. There were sooo many things she needed to be filled in on. These past two years have been hard without her help, especially around the house.