Chapter Forty-One

"All the single ladies, please come to the dance floor!" the host announced.

That's my cue.

"Baby Dionne, let's go to Mama Sav. I have to do something first, okay?" I cooed to my niece. Kuya Xavi and Ate Lavie's child.

Her curly hair was tied into high pigtails. Her eyes were doll-like and she had a natural rosy cheeks. Her nose was predominantly a Serrano's. Her over-all beauty is a mix of Serrano and Fabella, though.

"Okay!" she happily replied with her cute accent.

I can't help but smile at how adorable she is. I kissed her on the cheek before carrying her to expedite the plan.

I brought her to my parent's tables. My grandparents were with them, too. The Gallego family are with them as well. Nabigla pa si Mommy nang bigla kong ilapag si Dionne sa hita niya. She frowned at me but I just grinned at her and left before she could say a word.

I hurried my way to Ate Lavie who was busy watching Kuya Xavi from afar. Her heavy frown got replaced with a gasp when I suddenly grabbed her hand and pulled her from her chair.

"Wait, Hyon." She tried to resist but it's no use. I pulled her towards the dancefloor like it's a matter of life and death.

"It'll be fun, Ate," I snickered.

It's the wedding reception of Kuya Silas and Ate Laurene. It was held at the biggest function hall of the main Serrano Hotel. Maraming imbitado, pambawi dahil walang nakapunta sa church wedding nila. It was only the two of them during that ceremony and we only watched it through a live feed.

Now, it's the traditional bouquet throwing. Just like what the host wanted, all the the single ladies joined in. I made sure to get Ate Lavie in front and center. Ate Laurene, the bride, had her back turned on us. She's waiting for the host's signal to throw the bouquet of flowers.

"1... 2... 3!"

My sister faked throwing it, making everyone gasp and squeal in anticipation. Their excitement was halted when she suddenly turned to face us instead.

She was mischievously smiling as she eyed our cousin. Ate Lavie stiffened as Ate Laurene approached her. I couldn't help but smile as Ate Laurene handed her the bouquet.

"What?" Ate Lavie asked in bafflement.

"It's yours, Ate," my sister giggled and grabbed Ate Lavie's free hand to pull her to the chair that was already placed at the middle of the dance floor.

I looked around and noticed the surprise and confusion in the audience's faces, aside from our family because they already know the truth about Ate Lavie and Kuya Xavi's relationship. The time that passed made them more accepting to the idea. It's been what? Almost a year when our parents finally supported their relationship. They stayed abroad for the past year. Ngayon lang nila napagdesisyonan na umuwi dahil sa wedding ni Ate Laurene.

Kina Grannis's voice began to croon the lyrics of Iris from the speakers as Kuya Xavi made his way to Ate Lavie who looked nervous and terrified at the same time.

It was all planned. Kuya Xavi was meant to get the garter and Ate Lavie was meant to get the bouquet. It was all perfectly designed for this moment.