Chapter Thirty-Four

The hallway was empty when I exited the elevator. I couldn't run because of my heels. Ayaw kong madapa kaya pinilit kong bilisan at lakihan ang bawat hakbang.

It was a useless attempt to runaway because I didn't get that far. A hand gripped my arm, startling me. I was effortlessly pulled back. I crashed against a warm chest and his scent instantly filled my senses.

"Baby," he croaked.

My eyes watered. Hearing his voice weakened me a little. I just wanted to sink against his warmth... but the strong emotion that was stirring inside my chest was too much.

I can remember the last time I was jealous. That day at their house when I saw him with another girl. What I felt then was uncontrollable and chaotic, now I just feel hurt... and cold. 

Pilit kong hinawi ang mga kamay niyang humahawak sa akin at umayos ng tayo para umalis sa pagkakasalampak sa dibdib niya. I don't want to talk to him. I wanted to get away from here and leave.

"Let go of me," I meekly said. I was scared that if I speak louder, my voice will shake and I'll end up crying.

Ali's eyes widened a little. His lips parted as he stared at me with astonishment. He bit his lip and the hardship soon crossed his face.

"Baby," Ali lamented and renewed his hold on me when I was successfully slipping away.

Nag-iwas ako ng tingin sa kanya at pilit na binabawi ang kamay mula sa kanya pero masyadong mahigpit ang hawak niya kaya hindi ako makawala. Meanwhile, my heart keeps on twisting that it hurts.

Ali groaned and tightened his hold on me, keeping me secured against him. "Hyon, please."

My tears brimmed in my eyes. I caught my breath to stop a sob from coming out of my chest. I stopped resisting because I was getting tired. Maybe the exhaustion from the long flight finally caught on me. I kept my head turned away and my eyes set on anywhere but him. I petulantly pursed my lips.

He gently cupped my cheek and made me face him. I slightly twisted my neck. My eyes remained averted from him. "Baby, it's not what you think. That girl is in one of my classes. Sumabay lang siya sa akin sa paglalakad."

Hindi ko pa rin siya tiningnan. Ali muttered something under his breath. He released my hand and held my other cheek. His face was just a few inches from me now, trying so hard to capture my attention. I can feel his warm minty breath fanning my face. I can see him from my perhipheral view.

His thumb caressed my cheek. "Please put your pretty eyes on me," he huskily whispered.

I didn't. I still remained silent and still like a statue. He inhaled sharply and cursed softly, "Fuck."

I flinched at his curse. His hand went down to my arm and carefully pulled me to him. I didn't budge and let him close our distance again. He was cautious as he wrapped his arms around me. Huminga siya nang maluwag nang mayakap ako.

My chest was constricting painfully. I can't breathe and it has nothing to do with how tight Ali was hugging me. My lips quivered. I bit down on my lip before I can even make a sound.

Hindi ko ibinalik ang yakap niya. I just let him hug me. When he realized I wasn't planning to do anything, he released me from the hug but his arm remained on my waist. I can feel his heated gaze on my face.