Chapter Four

It's normal for me to enjoy and be excited about school days because I love learning new things, pero ngayon ay nadagdagan ang excitement ko. That's because I have something new to look forward to.

Simula nung Tuesday, the day Ali asked me to watch the practice and the very same day that he accepted my request and messaged me, wala na akong ginawa kundi ang hilingin na bumilis ang oras at mag Friday na.

After he messaged me that night, I was subtly hoping that he'd chat me again but it never happened. But that's okay! Tutal ay makikita ko naman siya ngayon.

"Do you want to play with me at our home?" Dashiel asked as we picked up our bags.

Napangiwi ako. I apologetically looked at Dashiel. "Hindi pa ako uuwi, e."

His forehead furrowed. "Why? Where are you going?"

"Just gonna watch Kuya Xavi's training," I replied as I walked, trying to avoid eye contact with him.

Dashiel's very perceptive. In fact, I think he can secretly read minds. Feeling ko lang naman. Kapag kasi may iniisip ako na nakakahiya o kung ano, feeling ko ay jina-judge na agad ako ng mga mata niya.

Una kong nakita si Ate Lavie na nakatayo sa tapat ng room namin. She smiled as soon as she saw me and her brother.

"Ate Lavie!" I joyfully called and half-run to her spot.

"Hello, babies," Ate Lavie cheerfully said and kissed me and Dashiel on the cheek.

"Why are you here, Ate?" Dashiel asked.

"Sungit. I'm not here for you." Ate Lavie made a face at Dashiel before looking at me. "Your Kuya told me that you'll watch his training so I decided to pick you up."

"Okay, Ate." I nodded. Ate Lavie softly smiled and tried to get my bag but I moved it away from her reach. "It's okay, Ate. It's not heavy."

She pursed her lips. "Are you sure?"

I enthusiastically nodded and she  directed her attention to Dashiel. "Umuwi ka na. Baka gumala ka pa."

"I know, Ate." He shook his head at Ate Lavie and glanced at me. "Bye."

"Bye, Dashiel." I waved and he just nodded before walking ahead.

The smile on my face remained as we walked towards the gym. It almost feels like the corner of my lips will rip apart if I don't stop smiling.

My heart fluttered as soon as I saw Ali. He was wearing a green jersey with his surname and usual number. Seryoso ang mukha niya habang naglalaro ng basketball. I bit my lip to refrain myself from smiling harder.

We sat at the bench with Kuya Xavi's bag. I saw how Kuya Xavi briefly glanced at us and smiled before returning his focus on the game.

Minutes passed and I just watched happily even when I don't understand what's happening. Even if I can't give him my Gatorade, I was already content with seeing him from a far. If he'll talk to me, then I will be more than lucky.

Watching Ali play inspires me so much. It makes me want to find my own sport that I'll be passionate about. Pero ano? I'm not really a sporty girl.

"Hyon," Ate Lavie called my attention. I quickly averted my eyes from Ali to look at her. "Will you be okay here alone? Pupunta lang ako ng library."

Tumango ako. "Okay lang, Ate."

"Okay. If your Kuya looks for me during their break, just tell him that I have something to do at the library."

"Sige, Ate," I obediently replied.