Pigeon Eggs and Easter Eggs

A while back, me and my companion made an interesting discovery amiss a terrible and relentless war with our neighbors: The Pigeons.
These birds had made it in their mind that our balcony was their territory and marked it with dung, feathers and a lovely nest in the corner.
Needless to say, we didn't appreciate them very much and so our war started. After the chicks were strong enough to fly we threw them off and deep cleaned the whole balcony.
We thought we had won this war, but they kept coming back. The birds returned and laid two more eggs. We got rid of them. They laid two more. Before long the balcony was just as infested as before. They had won the war for now.

This was over the course of a few months, and when Easter time came, me and my companion walked about at a park. We noticed on our walk a hard boiled, bright pink egg with the words "Love always" painted in white. We did not want the egg to rot and so we took it. It was then I got a brilliant idea.
It would be so funny if we put it in the pigeon nest.
What could possibly happen?
Apparently a lot can happen.

When we returned to the nest we saw one egg, not three. There the easter egg stood, but all signs of the pigeon eggs were gone. We looked around and even started asking. Where did they go?
It was then I remembered.
It just so happens that Pigeons are one of many species that will choose their strongest offspring over the others.
When they saw this massive egg they took it as their own, and better than their own.
After months of trying to get rid of these eggs, the Pigeons got rid of them in one day.
Now they are straddling that hard boiled egg. Just as fiercely loyal and protective as before. They were entirely oblivious to the fraud, even though it had to stand and stretch every time it was scared off.

As I sat and laughed at this bird I had that voice come into my head. "Don't mock the bird. You've done the same thing." I almost immediately thought back, "No, I haven't!" But as I looked at the bird it dawned on me that I had.
You see, in our life we have "Pigeon eggs." These are usually small things that are incredibly valuable. They do not seem popular and they take a lot of time, but when we put in the work the blessings show.
Just like those birds, we are fiercely loyal to these things and will not abandon them.
Satan knows this, and I have a testimony that he will do whatever he can to keep us "off our eggs." Simply getting rid of them will not do, simply pushing us away won't either. Like those birds, we are loyal to what matters. He cannot get rid of what matters to us.
But we can.
He knows this so puts "Easter eggs" in our "Nests."
These are often similar to what is valuable, but not the same thing. They are often bigger, flashier and seem to take such little work and time.
Just as those birds will eventually discover, this is not true.
Sadly, Easter eggs will never hatch. They will rot and simply waste time, oftentimes at the expense of what really matters most.

So I invite each of you to ponder this: What are your "Pigeon eggs?" More importantly, what are your "Easter eggs?"
It is very important to be aware of which egg you are nurturing most. Don't be fooled. You are smarter than a Pigeon. :)