Pretty Little Flower

The sun started to set, and that was when we left.
It was time for the hunt.
Walking on the street I saw them, grinning to myself.
Two pretty little flowers.
The dark pull inside me brought me forward. Where these feelings came from, only the spirits themselves knew. I liked to think they chose to reside in me because of what I could give them. I gave them movement, action and my will. They gave me power and heightened senses.
Senses that made me spy those flowers and drew me forward.
I approached, extending a greeting and a smile just sly enough to be charming.
They were friendly, sweet, but they didn't bite.
It appeared they had some power too.
Strange lights in their eyes, white and glowing.
Something inside me hissed at the power in them. It was a hatred and annoyance at once.
Almost immediately those two flowers grew tense. The light in them seemed to spark and before I knew it they were escaping.
It was then I continued my pursuit. I pursued them because the black swirling inside commanded I do, but also because that light inside made me curious and it drew me to them.
Looking from the streets to the cars I saw they were nowhere to be found. The anxious hissing in my ears continued.
I felt that I would at this time just give it up, why should I need to harm them? The monster inside me refused, screaming into my ears to continue the search. Sitting in my vehicle, I started searching again.
Stopping at the intersection, I found them. Staring at me from another car.
It was one time I felt powerless. Whatever light resided in them was trapping me entirely where I sat. The darkness in me was mute and afraid. All I could do was stare as they made their escape.
Entirely unable to pursue or comprehend what had happened, I abandoned all thoughts of finding them.
With that darkness inside me trapped I was finally able to think.
What was it that they had? What was that power?
Whatever it was, is was stronger, kinder and sweeter than this monster within me.
Perhaps, I thought, it was time I tried to seek whatever spirit it was they had.
From then on, I continued a new search.
A search for the light.