Tied to a Tree

In my head this image appeared: some creature with it's leg tied to a tree is trying to run along with a moving herd... however it is stuck, it's body is becoming stretched, raw, and it's foot will likely break.
It pulls against the rope anyway.
Either it's leg will break, it unties the rope or it gives up completely and determines to forever stay tied to the tree.

I wondered why this image came into my mind, and why it struck me so hard.
It was then I realised.. how often have I, or others I have seen, done the same thing?

Have I ever become so attached to some past mistake that I have chained myself to it? Have I been so caught up on one detail I cannot move on?
Is there something I just cannot get over that prevents me completely from moving?

Holding onto past grudges is like trying yourself to a tree and trying to run. You get nowhere. You get nowhere and life moves on. That herd, our lives, will move on without us unless we can cut that rope.
Whether it be a past trial, a grudge, a misunderstanding or simply something that rubs you the wrong way, think to yourself: am I going to tie myself to this tree?
It is worth staying stuck?
I invite you to consider whatever trees you may be tied to and to untie yourself.
I know some ropes are hard to untie, and some trees are hard to ignore, but I can promise that as you make the effort to remove the rope the Savior will help cut it for you.
I know that there are blessings up ahead and that we can be free to go find them.
Remember, Christ can cut any rope.