The Dream- Living water

It was so so hot. All around her was a desert, far as she could see. The sun beat down against the sand and the heat reflected back against her skin. Throat sore from coughing, she stumbled forward, desperate for water.
She continued forward, pushing herself to reach some unknown destination. She carried on, but began to grown weak. She needed water, needed shade and could not continue alone.
Falling into the hot sand, she cried out in desperation. Calling, "Please, please God help me!"
There, lifting her eyes to see in the distance, were trees. Tall green, cool trees surrounded by birds flying happily through them. The heat warped the image but she knew there was now hope.
Standing again with newfound strength, she pushed herself towards the oasis, knowing that water lay in store for her burning throat.
Finally, after all the struggle the cool wave of air enveloped her. Throat still sore from coughing, but hope revived she walked through the various foliage and wildlife to the center where she knew water would lay in store for relief.
Breaking through the barrier to the center of trees, she was surprised to see instead of water a massive gathering of animals were facing a familiar statue. It was the Christus, standing tall with arms stretched out.
The animals all bowed, continuing to flow in to pay respects to their maker.
The girl was glad to see the marble statue, but it did not help her throat. She needed water, real water.
Running through the crowds, she dropped at his feet and wrapped her arms tightly around his marble legs. It was cool on her arms, but her cough continued.
"Please!" She cried, "I need water! I know you can do it, I need water!"
Feeling a change, suddenly she could no longer feel the cold marble. She couldn't feel anything anymore. All the light was now dark, dark and silent. Though she had never experienced it before, she was certain that this was death.
Slowly, she opened her eyes and found herself surrounded by fog. Her body felt surreal and cloudy. The marble feet before her were remarkably replaced. Standing where they had been was soft flesh, flesh torn at the feet where nails had once been driven.
Feeling tears start to fall, a voice from above her spoke softly and deeper than she had ever heard before.
"I am the living water."