Lost Gloves

Again. I lost them again.
This was the third time in the week I had lost my gloves. I shouldn't have been too upset, of course, I had more. It was still annoying though. I keep losing things.
More frustrating than this, though, were the unanswered prayers for their return.
When I had lost my hat, I knelt down in prayer and pleaded I find it. I would do all the work too. I searched the rest of the evening, all over my house, all over the street and everywhere else. Nothing.
I lost my scarf. I again knelt down in prayer, sighing and asking. I promised I would put forth the effort. I searched everywhere. Nothing.
My jacket, a blanket, and now my gloves.
Holding back my anger, I looked at the heavens. What is the purpose of prayer if I never get an answer?
It was then I noticed something in the corner of my eye, down the street.
Out in the cold, shivering was the homeless man who lay outside to beg. I often delivered him my spare change, but did not think much of him.
This time, he was kneeling, shaking hands and teeth asking for some kind of refuge.
I sighed again at realization that I had no reason to complain, I had it better. Looking to the heavens again, I said my apologies. I would let go of the lost and be grateful for what I had.
The next morning, I walked about the street again, at first only glancing and then staring as I found all of my lost items.
Gloves, hat, scarf, jacket and blanket. All were there on my homeless friend, who was again in prayer, this time a wide smile on his face as he thanked God for the miracle of warmth.
It was then I truly swallowed my pride. I could only stare at the miracle. I had found my lost items, yes, my prayer was indeed answered. All the anger and frustration vanished and I laughed to myself as my heart grew lighter.
I had never considered, that my lost items were answering another's prayer.