五十七

OG TG

The bright light flooded the van as Hill opened the door. Lenna squinted her eyes painfully as she hesitantly stepped down from the van. Natasha was quickly hurried out and into the bunker. Sam next to Lenna, steadying her.

The inside of the bunker was damp and empty as they hurried down the halls, their voices and footsteps echoing loudly behind then.

"GSW she's lost at least a pint!" Hill called to the man running behind them.

"Maybe two!" Sam added.

"Let me take her!" He shouted.

"She'll wanna see him first," Hill interjected.

Lenna watched Natasha and Steve exchange glances as she looked around. At the end of the hallway, Hill peeled back a plastic separation and there was Nicholas J. Fury laying there—alive.

"About damn time."

Lenna rolled her eyes, "You bastard."

Natasha was settled in as the man cleaned her shoulder and Sam was inspecting Lenna. She had a slight concussion but was seemingly recovering quickly. She still couldn't shift without causing more bleeding, which was slightly worrying.

"Lacerated spinal column, cracked sternum, shattered collarbone, perforated liver, and one hell of a headache," he explained to the group.

"Don't forget your collapsed lung," the man said.

"Let's not forget that. Otherwise, I'm good."

Natasha replied instantly, "They cut you open, your heart stopped."

"Tetrodotoxin B. Slows the pulse to one beat a minute. Banner developed it for stress didn't work so great for him, but I found a use for it."

"Why all the secrecy? Why not just tell us?" Steve asked, feeling slightly betrayed.

"Any attempt on the Director's life had to look successful," Hill explained.

"Can't kill ya if you're already dead. Besides, I wasn't sure who to trust."

Natasha looked away at that, hurt flashing in her eyes.

Meanwhile...

Bucky stared straight ahead as the scientists fixed his arm. He didn't feel a thing. It wasn't his—he refused to believe it was his. James Buchanan Barnes has had a rough life, flashes of it returning to him at this moment. He remembered his first procedure when he was captured; then he remembered when he fell from the train.

Bucky Barnes sat up straight as he remembered his arm replacement surgery and the first time he saw his new hand. It had never felt like a part of him, just an extension of him. He shivered at the thought of the cryo freeze. In a flash of anger, he swung out his arm and hit the man immediately next to him across the room.

Guns were instantly drawn and things came to a standstill as Bucky waited for the head of HYDRA to come in.

The men lowered their guns as the Head approached Bucky, "Mission report."