ˢⁱˣ

Lenna's return to Malibu was different from her first time

Lenna's return to Malibu was different from her first time. First of all, she had actual luggage and the beginnings of a relationship with her father. She was able to relax and not stress about the unknown because what else could happen to her that would be crazier than this.

The visit to her old home had been fatiguing to the new Stark. It made sense. Lenna had just bid goodbye to her old life, unlike how she clung to it after her first departure. She had opened herself up to the idea that she was going to change as a person, and that's pretty tiring. As exhausted as she was, she simply could not fall asleep long enough to get any energy.

Napping on an airplane: a review. 3/10—would not recommend. There was no flight attendant to offer earplugs or a blanket to her. Pepper and Happy spoke loudly in the front of the plane. The pilot and the owner of the plane would not stop walking back and forth along the aisle. The owner of the plane would not stop pestering Lenna to see her powers. Overall: disappointing for a private jet.

"Don't make me beg like a little girl," Tony said, plopping his flatty patty down next to her. "I will—but I won't."

"I would love to see that," the pilot of the plane snickered.

"Who are you?" Lenna asked, looking at the man from the corner of her eye.

"Colonel James Rhodes—"

"Rhodey. We met on the flight down..."

"—don't mind him. Show me what your mama gave ya'!"

"Go away, creep."

"Not until you show me," he sang, leaning in closer.

Lenna groaned and contemplated the pros and cons of demonstrating the extent of her power.

Pros. He's not only supportive, he creates gear for her and lets her go out on adventures. He could help guide her through strengthening her powers. He introduces her to someone who could help her level up.

Cons. He could get curious and begin enacting experiments on her. He could try replicating powers on someone else. He tries to sell her off to S.H.I.E.L.D. He gets scared and forbids her from using her powers.

All this was done in less than a second, and, honestly, she could handle herself for most of the cons. In the background, Tony got louder and louder.

"Alright, fine! Just fuck off and let me sleep for the rest of the ride."

"Deal. Can't back out now."

When they landed, Lenna expected her father to have forgotten about their deal. His attention span was shorter than a puppy's. Yet, he still managed to find and pester her about it. He even tried pulling the father card, but that didn't work.

"You can call yourself my father when you start acting like it," she laughed, following Pepper inside the mansion. "You'll be 'Dad' for now."

"Young lady!"