五十三

TE ITE OIE

Lenna tapped her foot impatiently as she waited for Fury to pick her up. She told him noon at Coffees & Chapters and here she was, noon and he wasn't here. It was quite unusual, seeing as he was usually so punctual. The groan of an engine stopped her thoughts and her worries as Fury pulled up.

"Get in," He said through the rolled-down window.

Lenna smiled and hopped in. She rolled up the windows and turned the A/C down slightly. Fury smacked her hand.

"Don't touch my car," he said before addressing the car.

"Activating communications encryption protocol," the voice said.

"Open secure line 0405."

"Confirmed."

"This is Hill," Maria Hill's voice called out over the speakers and an ID appeared in the top left corner of the windshield.

Lenna sipped her coffee quietly while observing the city and the cars surrounding them.

"I need you here in D. C.," Fury said abruptly. "Deep shadow conditions."

"Give me four hours," Hill said after a slight pause.

"You have three. Over."

Lenna elbowed Fury and discreetly motioned to the police car pulling up next to them. Fury looked at the two men who were staring intently at the two.

"Wanna see my lease?" Fury asked them challengingly.

The one guy said something over their comms while the driver rang their siren once. Fury was slow to start up again when Lenna shouted something incoherent.

He hardly had any time to react because they were t-boned at full speed by another cop car, causing them to slide into the curb. Lenna's head jerked painfully back from the blow of the airbag and her coffee flew into the back seat.

The cop car in front of them backed into them and two more hit their rear before they could even take a breath.

"Fracture detected," the internal U. I. called out.

Lenna and Fury gasped for air as the sidecar pulled away and a black SWAT van pulled up.

"Recommend anesthetic injection."

Fury grabbed it and jammed it into his arm while Lenna undid her seat belt. She groaned as she felt deep bruises and minor cuts from it digging into her.

"Shit, shit bags of shit," Lenna breathed. "Fury on your nine."

Men in dark suits with large guns piled out of the van as the car rambled on.

"D. C. Metro Police dispatch shows no units in this area."

"What does that mean?" Lenna asked frantically.

"What it means is, these are the bad guys," Fury replied shortly.

Cops were getting out of their cars and tons and tons of guns were pointed at the duo.