四十七

ᗷᑌᗪ IGT

Lenna refused to acknowledge the presence behind her. Instead, she toyed with the hologram she was refining. After Tony blew up all of his suits Lenna began to try and rebuild his collection. The blueprints of the suits were still in the database so she didn't have to start from scratch. So, she began working on the design of them.

"Time for bed kiddo," Tony called, his normally confident voice sounding timid. "Let me finish—"

"I'm good." The eighteen-year-old continued to play around with the helmet.

Tony dipped his head and swallowed hard. "Look, pipsqueak, I'm sorry."

"I know you are."

He nodded once, blinking hard, before walking away.

Lenna's hands wavered slightly as Tony left the lab. She saved the program and closed it down before resting her face in her hands. Everything hurt.

Tony never once bothered to ask how she was after the battle. He locked himself a thousand miles away in his little lab. He went radio silent for months, never once bothering to ask how Lenna was. Lenna had tried to reach out but was met by nothing, just when she needed him. After half a year of nothing, no contact, she sees that her home had been blown off the side of a cliff and that Iron Man had gone AWOL. She tried to get a flight over immediately but wasn't able to find any in time.

It was devastating to see her first real home in ruins. Something also devastating to see would be her father blowing up the suits he had made. A couple of them she had worked on. She refused to speak with him ever since.

It won't be long before she moves to Washington DC to work at the Triskelion and continue her studies. Lenna hasn't talked about this with Tony yet, but now that she was eighteen she felt no need to.

Bruce stumbled into the common area and wiped his eyes. He hadn't slept for a couple of days now, only working hard like the mad scientist he was. Surprised to see someone sitting at the counter he gave a little groan. All he needed was some alone time.

The sound of quiet sniffling made him pause.

"Sorry," Bruce said, turning to leave. "I can leave you alone..."

"No, you're good," she sniffed, wiping her eyes. "Sorry."

Bruce hesitated before slipping into the stood next to her. He was about to protest the can of Bud Light she was drinking when she coughed.

"That shit sucks," Lenna said before taking another sip. "But wine is too sophisticated, and Tony hides his precious scotch."

"I don't think..."

"I'm leaving for DC in a week and still haven't told Dad," Lenna blurted. "I know I should, but he never told me he was gonna play a disappearing trick."

"Look, it's none of my business," Bruce started slowly, "but I think you should give him a chance."

"I needed him," Lenna whimpered, slightly intoxicated. "I needed him and he just closed himself off!"

"How much beer have you had?" Bruce asked.

"Half a can, but I'm a fucking lightweight," Lenna chuckled pitifully.

"I'd say so," Bruce chuckled. "Tell him, you need to."

Lenna nodded before taking one last chug. She gagged as she swallowed. "Fuck, that is disgusting."

Bruce laughed before following her lead and getting up. A quick farewell and they were off to their separate floors.