ᵗʰⁱʳᵗᵉᵉⁿ

A few days had passed since Tony's New Years' party and New York was buzzing with excitement

A few days had passed since Tony's New Years' party and New York was buzzing with excitement. It seemed like every news reporter has been asking around the Towers about who Ironman's daughter could be.

School had begun to take up most of Lenna's time. She and Grant managed to make up before he went home, much to a certain super soldier's chagrin. In his words, getting back with Grant was "highly inadvisable" and "super dumb" because their relationship was supposedly "extremely unhealthy", but Lenna just figured he was being overprotective. Despite all that, being in New York alone had started to take a toll on her mental health, so she ended up staying with Steve most of the time.

"Steve, bestie, buddy, pal, your house is awful," Lenna said one day as they watched TV on her laptop. "I mean you don't even have a TV."

Steve looked around his room and nodded. "I guess things were fine when it was just me."

"Then it's decided, we're gonna Fixer-Upper the hell outta your house!"

Steve deserved more than smoke-stained walls and two fucking beanbags for his living space. On one long weekend, Lenna took it upon herself to get to interior designing the hell out of that place. It only took a quick text to confirm their plans and Steve met her at a nearby family diner.

"How'd you find this place?" Steve asked, sitting down. He picked up a menu and skimmed it.

"It used to be on my way to school," said Lenna, who had already decided on what to order.

Their waiter approached the table eagerly. His energy was contagious even from halfway across the floor and there was something familiar about the way he carried himself. His carefully carefree hair bounced with each step and there was the scent of cheap cologne and deodorant all around him. The closer he got to the table the more his face contorted into one of surprise. Pointing his pen and paper out in front of him, he began to shake his finger at Lenna.

"I knew I recognized you!" he exclaimed when he reached them. "You're that girl from the summer. California, boba tea? I was the guy who asked for directions."

Lenna's mouth opened slightly as she remembered the event. "You mean you were the guy hanging out the window."

"Yeah, it's me! Seth!" He straightened up when he glanced at Steve out of the corner of his eye. "So, uh, what can I get for you guys?"

"They wouldn't listen to me, and I don't blame them," Lenna chased her hashbrowns with a swig of water, "I was a puny sixteen-year-old. I wouldn't listen to me either. I actually had to punch some of them right in the nose in order to get them to respect me. Man, I had never heard so many unique combinations of swear words until then."

Steve amusedly watched as she started making a list of everything they needed to buy for him. "You know this woman I worked with was an officer back in my day," that caught Lenna's attention. "She struggled to get the respect she deserved, so on my first day, when some big guy was running his mouth off, Peggy socked him square in the nose." He smiled. "You remind me of her in that way."