四十三

KIᒪᒪ TᕼᗩT KI

Some slight sexual content, nothing bad just one suggestive thing

Lenna grinned happily as she strode down the street towards Grant's office. Upon arriving a couple of hours ago she wasted no time calling his secretary to see if he was in. She had told her he was in a meeting but she was welcome to wait for him.

Her eyes darted all over the place as she scanned the lobby for an elevator. Despite being here multiple times the decently sized building still confused her. Grant was the head of the Graphic Design team at a small privately-owned business. His job took him all around the US (surprisingly) where he would meet with different designers.

Meeting were also an abundance. Multiple times he would cancel on Lenna last-minute since he had a meeting. Or he would leave half an hour before he said he would and give no explanation other than "Meeting."

Lenna would often get irritated at him but he always reminded her that he was the one with the job. She could complain after she got one herself. Even after she started working at SHIELD he told her it wasn't a real job.

Lenna was surprised when she wasn't greeted by Stella like she usually was. Granted, she didn't like Lenna very much. Lenna shrugged and assumed she was on a bathroom breath.

She sat down and waited patiently. Ten minutes pass and she began to get bored with her phone. Twenty minutes pass and now she's getting impatient and some weird stares.

Stelle still wasn't back and Lenna was getting worried.

"Excuse me," she said to a passing businessman, "how much long is the meeting gonna be?"

"What meeting?" He asked, looking at her weirdly.

Lenna blinked, "Sorry, Stella told me Grant was in a meeting."

"Ha! Doubt you can call what they're doing in the conference room a meeting!"

Lenna froze. The man walked away giving the shellshocked girl no mind.

No, she thought before launching herself down the hallway and into each and every conference room. A through C were empty, in D there was a one-on-one thing going on between HR and another employee. But in E...

Grant stared back at Lenna, guilt clouding his eyes. Lenna glanced down at the secretary who was trying to hide her pleasure and disappointment as Grant pulled out.

"Listen—" Grant started to say, looking for something to cover up with.

"I think I heard enough before I came in," Lenna said quietly. Her eyes drifted down to where his socks were still on his feet. "I guess you couldn't wait..." She closed her eyes for a second and spun around.

"Babe—"

Lenna shrugged his hand off her shirt and looked down at her feet. "Let's not make a big deal out of this," she said softly. "Good-bye Grant."

Any bit if happiness faded away as she sulked home. She took the time to go through her social media, not only deleting the pictures but deleting the app. She couldn't handle it. Grant's number was very quickly deleted and her phone was wiped of any trace of him.

Happy looked up from the couch. "How was the..." his voice trailed off as he saw her bloodshot eyes and mascara stained face. "Tony's gonna kill that kid."