四十一

TE ET ᗩᗪᐯETᑌᖇE

"If it's all the same to you, I'll have that drink now."

Lenna scoffed, "Yeah right, pal."

"All right, get him on his feet," Tony snapped getting right to business. "We can all stand around posing up a storm later."

"Later?!" Lenna gasped, "What was that, like, an hour ago?"

"By the way, feel free to clean up."

Lenna scoffed before strolling over to Natasha.

"Who gets the, uh, magic wand?" Nat asked.

Lenna reached out her hands, "Gimme!"

"STRIKE team's coming to secure it," Steve informed from across the room.

"Those guys? Lenna groaned, dropping her hands to her sides. "They all have sticks up their asses."

The elevator dinged as the aforementioned STRIKE team entered the floor.

Lenna looked away and 'oohed' when she saw Clint in the corner pouring himself a glass of some amber-colored liquid. "Can I have some?" she asked, tapping him lightly on the shoulder.

He laughed, "Not yet, kid."

"Here," Nat said, her hands now scepter free, "Get her some apple juice." she took a sip from the glass Clint poured her as Clint searched for some apple juice. "Careful with that thing," Nat told Agent Sitwell.

"Unless you want your mind erased," Clint said from under the counter, somewhat bitterly. He arose with a grin and a bottle of apple juice. After grabbing an identical glass to his and Nat's he filled it up with apple juice and handed it to Lenna. "There ya go, kid."

Lenna chugged half of it in one gulp and approached Thor. She leaned against him casually and nodded to her father. "Want any?" She held out her glass. She shrugged when he shook his head no and took another sip. Thor wrapped his arm lightly around her shoulder and let the hammer rest against her chest. She smiled while she traced the designs of the hammer idly.

"On my way down to coordinate search and rescue," Steve said as he passed us.

Loki turned into him briefly and mimicked him. "I mean honestly," he said as the Hulk growled at him, "how do you keep our food down?"

Thor turned away and shoved a muzzle over his mouth, "Shut up." Lenna followed him, a slight pep in her step, to the elevator.

"Move," the Hulk grunted after everyone all piled in.

"Hey!'

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!'

"Hey, hey, Buddy!" Tony said, "What do you think? Maximum occupancy has been reached!"

"Take the stairs!'

Lenna groaned as they all shouted, and almost laughed as the Hulk put a dent in the elevator.

Tony turned to her, "That's coming out of your allowance!"

Lenna gasped humorously, "What the hell?!"

The ride down was fairly awkward but when are elevator rides not? She was relieved that the STRIKE team was on a different elevator.

They were all walking out of the building Mr. Pierce stopped them, "Uh, may I ask you where you're going?"

Lenna stepped back nervously and held a one-sided conversation with Loki. The conversation consisted mainly of explicative words and phrases and Loki flinching when he thought she was gonna hit him. Needless to say, it was a short conversation.

Lenna shot forward, suddenly when her father fell to the ground in the middle of the government workers.

"Stark?" Thor asked, panicked.

"He's convulsing. Give him air!" One worker said.

"No shit!" Lenna snapped before getting on her knees beside him.

"Medic!" Pierce shouted. While some security guard called again for a medic.

"Speak to me," Thor said, frantically. "Stark, is it your chest machine?"

"Arc reactor," Lenna corrected.

Tony managed rolled his eyes.

"Breathe, breathe!" Thor got up and placed Mjolnir on his chest. "Let me try something. Okay? I have no idea if it's going to work." He tapped his hammer and a little spark shot out. "Yes!"

"Oh, that worked a treat!" Tony breathed. "Dude, that was so crazy."

"I had no idea if that was going to work."

Lenna turned around and saw Loki staring at them with a raised eyebrow. She stood up straight and clapped her hands. "Okay! Shawarma time!"

Not quite. It wasn't long before they all sat in the shawarma place Tony saw during the battle. Loki stood outside, chained to the pole and everyone else chowing down silently on their food. Lenna was glued to Thor's side as they ate, knowing that the new friend she had made was leaving soon.

When they were done Tony laid some change on the table and they all left, promising to meet up at Central Park in a couple of hours. Lenna stuck to Thor's side as they made their way back to Stark Towers.

Their time there was spent getting cleaned up and showering. After Lenna took a gentle, yet thorough, shower she put on a light high rise sweater and a pair of high waisted jeans. She entered the guest bedroom at Thor's request and found him forcing Loki to lie down while he awkwardly tried to open the first aid kit.

She grinned and promised she would clean him up while Thor took a shower.

"Thank you," Thor said, awkwardly entering the large bathroom.

Lenna hummed as she took out a cotton ball and a bottle of alcohol. She put some on the cotton ball and cleaned up his cuts. Not apologizing when it stung him.

They left soon after Thor got out and drove down to their meeting place.

"Goodbye," Lenna said sadly while hugging Thor.

"Goodbye little one," he said affectionately.

She said farewell to Nat and Clint and with a twist of the machine holding the Tesseract the two aliens were gone. Lenna hopped into the back of the car and Bruce and Tony slid into the front seats.

"Onto our next adventure!" She screamed, pointing to nothing in the distance.