三十四

TEᖇᖇIᗷᒪE ᑭᖇIIᒪᗩGE

Lenna dumped the rest of the blueberries into her mouth before walking over to another screen. She crumpled the bag in her hand as she watched the other men work.

"That's the guy my dad never shut up about?" Tony asked. "Wondering if they should've kept him on ice."

Bruce chuckled as he adjusted some of the settings on a screen. "Guy's not wrong about Loki, he does have the jump on us."

"What he's got is an ACME dynamite kit," Tony said as he approached the screen Lenna was at. "It's gonna blow up in his face, and I'm gonna be there when it does. Move." Lenna rolled her eyes as she stepped aside.

"I'll read all about it," Banner said lightheartedly.

"Or," Lenna offered as she sat down on the ground, "you'll be suiting up with the rest of us."

"Now, you see I don't get a suit of armor. I'm exposed, like a nerve, it's a nightmare." He played around with the items on the screen as Lenna watched him with sad eyes.

"You know, I've gotta cluster of shrapnel, trying every second to crawl its way into my heart. This stops it—" He tapped the arc reactor. "This little circle of light, it's part of me now. Not just armor. It's a terrible privilege."

He stopped right in front of him and looked at him through the screen.

"But you can control it," argued Banner.

"Because I learned how."

"It's different," Bruce claimed before reaching to continue his work.

"Hey," Tony said wiping all the data to the side, "I read all about your 'accident'. That much gamma exposure shoulda killed you."

"So you're saying that the Hulk... the other guy, saved my life?" Bruce asked. "That's nice. That's nice sentiment. Saved it for—what?"

"I guess we'll find out." Tony moved to go back to his old computer.

"You may not enjoy that." Bruce warned before expanding the data again.

"I have I feeling, you might," Lenna grinned as she moved from her spot on the floor.

•••
Short chapter! Sorry! But I'm going to camp all next week so no chapters! Also, I'm wondering if I should start posting chapters of my new story: The Oncoming Mist. It's a Thor fanfic, like another upcoming one of mine.

Anyway, you can decide if I should start posting while I'm doing Morph or just build up Chapters and wait until I finish Morph, although I'm planning on a second book.