Prologue

Zanessa's POV

"Mom, this is not happening, right?!" I said loud enough so that my mom would able to hear me. I was in the living room that time, scanning for something interesting to watch on TV while her and dad were in the kitchen, talking about their plan of moving to London from here, Canada.

"Sorry love, but it's happening."

What? We're going to move to London? To London? To a place where we're not familiar of, to a place where we have no relatives or even friends there, to a place where everything's going to be new to us, and to a place where it is miles away from Canada? No. Just, no!

"YOU ARE TOTALLY KIDDING ME, MOM!"

Hi, I'm Zanessa Sky Edwards. I'm a normal 16 y/o teenager who's basically into my senior high. I have a brother named Zackhary Sky Edwards, he's older than me for about a year. My mom, Vanessa Edwards, is a bank teller but she already resigned because of this reason, and as for my dad, Zac Edwards, he's a business man. And I blame him because he's the reason why we're going to move to London. Well, we're moving like always as if we don't have a permanent address but hey, I'm born and raised in Canada.

I do nothing exept for burrying my face onto tons of books and my sketchpad. I'm really into arts, especially drawing. I just love to draw everyday. I'm always in our school paper as the cartoonist. I always got compliments to it and it's very overwhelming to know that people appreciates your piece of art.

"Sorry, baby girl." My mom smiled at me.

"You'll like it there," My dad whispered, smiling at me as he tapped me on the shoulder. "And you start packing your things now." He added, he just then walked away.

"What?!" I grinned. Start packing my things now? As in, NOW? "What was he was saying all about?"

"You heard him, right? We're going by the end of the week." Mom said as she started to walk out of the kitchen.

"End of the week?! Mom, it's already Wednesday!" I said as I followed her out of the kitchen. "This is so unfair, mom!"

"That's life. Life's a challenge, my love," She turned around and faced me. "So go upstairs and start packing your stuffs." She said, turning me around to face the stairs.

**********

I screamed at the top of my lungs as I entered my room. I locked the door behind me and dived onto my bed.

I suddenly thought about my best friends, Maureen and Abegail. They're my best friends since we were in our 4th grade. They were so nice to me since the first day we've met in the school canteen. Oops, how could I still remember that? They were there when I was awarded as the valedictorian when we were still in the middle school years, when I had my first kiss when I was 12, when I had my first boyfriend, and the first break up — they really helped me get through from it, when I got drunk for the first time, when I tried to smoke, and even when I lost my visions and got my eye glasses on!

They must know about this, I thought to myself. So, I reached up my phone on my side table and texted them.

OH. MY. GOD. :O Girl, we should meet tomorrow. - Maureen. ♥

That's horrible! Let's meet tomorrow at our treehouse. - Abegail. ♥

I got a reply from them minutes later. Aww, I'm really going to miss them.

******************************************************************************************

The next morning, I decided to went jogging to the park that was a couple of blocks away from my house. There, I'm going to meet my girls. In that park, there was a big old tree with a treehouse which  Maureen, Abegail, and I claims as ours. Ha.

I climbed up to the ladder and I saw two pairs of eyes staring at me.

"Hi." I smiled at them. "Am I late already?" I asked them in a funny way.

They just stood up still and I was like, "What's going on here?" I looked at their eyes, they were teary. And then suddenly, they ran to me and embraced me with their bone-crushing hug.

"We're gonna miss you, Zanessa Sky Edwards!" They chorused in between their hug. I hugged them back as soon as I realized I was already crying too.

"Me too!" I mumbled as I managed to stop crying but I failed.

"Just make sure you'll stay in touch with us, okay?" Said Maureen.

"And we'll never forget each other." Abegail added.

"I promise." I replied as I broke the hug apart because I'm kinda hyperventilating already. Then I reached out my little finger for a pinky promise.

******************************************************************************************

"Kids, get ready! We're leaving after 15 minutes!" My mom yelled on a very sunny Sunday morning.

I hurriedly exited my room even if I wasn't excited nor ready to leave the place where I grew up, where I met my two best friends, where I built lots of unforgettable memories, and to where everything in my life had started.

"Farewell ..." I sighed as I looked back at my room's door.

"Stop that drama and let's go downstairs or else we'll be late!" My brother chuckled, walking downstairs with his two suitcases in both hands and a backpack on his back.

"Shut up! I'm having a moment here!" I yelled in a funny way. I grabbed my suitcases on the floor and followed him behind.

"Shall we go now?" Asked Dad.

"Yes, or else I'll ditch you and run away." I joked.

**********

We rented two taxi cabs to drove us off to the airport to catch our flight. One cab was for the four of us, and one for  my grandparents and my bestfriends who were going to drop us at the airport.

As soon as we reached the airport, we got inside to checked in. All of a sudden, we heard a monotone voice all over the airport regarding the pre-boarding announcement for the next flight, "Good afternoon passengers. This is the pre-boarding announcement for flight 18H to Heathrow, London. We are now inviting those passengers with small children, and any passengers requiring special assistance, to begin boarding at this time. Please have your boarding pass and identification ready. Regular boarding will begin in approximately ten minutes time. Thank you."

Now, we've got to go. I have to go.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:
Hi, mates! How's the prologue for you? Please do leave comments, I would love to know what do you think of it. And don't forget to hit the vote button, loves! Thanks for reading! I'm posting the Chapter 1 sooner. :) x