Mistletoe & Pendants

~~~

There is an old rule that governs kissing under mistletoe that is rarely followed by today’s practitioners. The rule says: a man might steal a kiss under the hanging mistletoe branch, but when he does, one berry must be plucked from the plant and discarded. Once the berries are gone, the kissing charm of the mistletoe branch is spent.

~~~

“I miss the sun!” Hope moaned as she looked up into the sky where she could feel the sun’s rays directly on her face. 

“You’re not the one that’s pale enough to glow in black lights!” Lena scowled

Hope shrugged before laughing. “I know, I know.” She stuck out her tongue.  “Still, it’s nice to be back home.” Hope said smiling though as soon as she saw the person standing on her porch she stopped in her tracks. 

A slow smile graced her lips till it matched the one aimed at her by said person on the porch of her house.

“Wow that boy really has way too much money to be flying to the states as often as he does.” Lena said in disbelief. 

Hope threw her head back and laughed before shaking her head. 

~~~

“Harry again!” Belle giggled as Hope and Lena approached.

“What are you two doing?” Hope asked causing Belle to look up at her with wide eyes before jumping off the hammock. 

“Nothing,” Belle shook her head before giggling and leaving to go back inside. 

All three watched her run, giggling as she thought she got away with making Harry swing her on the hammock when she was always told to never swing  or else it would fall and she would get hurt.  But using her coy persuasion, she told Harry otherwise.  Looking up at him with her cheek to cheek smile as she assured him that it was absolutely fine.

“Okay, I think I’m going to go home. Call or text me later.” Lena said hugging Hope.

“Okay, I will.” Hope said hugging her back before she left. 

“Hi Harry.” Lena waved once more before walking off the porch.

Harry and Hope both watched as Lena literally walked across the street to her house.  “Wait Lena lives right across from you?” Harry asked. 

“Yes,” Hope nodded.

“Wow, no wonder you two are so close.”

“I know, it’s scary.  We could never be enemies, we have too much blackmail material on each other.” Hope grinned.

It was Harry’s turn to shake his head. 

“So when did you get here?”

“About fifteen minutes ago.” Harry replied easily.

“And in those fifteen minutes Belle got you to already break the house rules. Tsk, tsk Harry Styles.” Hope teased, leaning against the wooden railing of the porch. 

“What can I say.  It’s the smile.” Harry said walking towards her until he was right in front of her causing Hope to have to look up. 

“The smile? You know people say that Lacey, Belle, and I all have the Matherson smile.”  Hope cocked her head. 

“I know.” Harry whispered, leaning towards her, the softest of smiles on his lips.  His dimples a prominent feature on his face with said smile.

Hope shook her head once more before straightening up.  “Merry Christmas Harry. I missed you even though I did just see you barely two weeks ago.” She stood on the tip of her toes to hug him.