The Great Escape

Harry got back to the hotel, with an expression as if his puppy had just died.

"Harry?" Liam asked from the couch.

"I lost her Liam, again!"

Liam gave him a look of sympathy. "Do you want to try to google her?"

~~~

Harry and Liam poured over their laptops, searching for Harry's Hope. Niall had wandered in sometime later with a bag of chips in hand.

"There's a facebook," Niall said pointing to Harry's screen.

"But its private." Liam said having already seen it.

"Yeah," Niall sighed.

"Hey what are you guys up to?" Zayn asked coming in seeing the three on the couch with their laptops. Niall though was sitting precariously on the top edge, looking over both boys' shoulders.

"We're looking for Harry's Hope." Niall stressed Harry's name.

"What happened this time?" Zayn asked joining them on the couch.

"She had to go and pick up her niece then my hat fell off and fans recognized me,"

"So basically she disappeared again." Zayn said trying not to laugh, remembering backstage and Harry's dramatic speech.

Harry glared at him, having an idea what he was thinking.

"Hope Matherson!" Liam yelled upon finding something, "Nevermind," Liam said clicking on the link and finding a story about a sixty-nine year old woman with the most toes in the world. "Nevermind, not Harry's Hope. Oh god that's gross!" Liam said upon finding the picture of the feet.

"I wanna see," Niall said bending down to see Liam's screen. "Nasty!" Niall said his face scrunching in disgust. "I think I just lost my appetite."

Harry groaned as he flung his head back. He let out an even louder groan. At this pace he was never going to find his Hope.

~~~

One month later: California

Hope escaped her brother-in-law's house with Lena, Belle and Landon, being sick and tired of the wedding preparations. She had no idea how Lacey was handling it all the wedding and the in laws. Ian's mother was a nightmare as she had been trying to grab reins of the wedding since the moment they volunteered Ian's childhood home for the venue. Currently the florists were going around Ian's palatial family home and deciding where flowers would go to make the wedding into one from out of a fairy tale.

Poor Lacey had been fighting her mother in law over the flowers, as she wanted white lilies with pink carnations and light pink Begonias. However Ian's mother thought that white lilies would be a misnomer as obviously Lacey was not going to be "pure" on her wedding night.

Hope was so proud of Lacey that she didn't jump over the table and try to strangle her mother in law, because Hope knew that their mom certainly would have if she'd been there. Thankfully their mother had been with Ian fixing all the men's suits.

"I don't know how your sister does it," Lena said as she unbuckled Landon from the child seat. "If that woman was my mother in law..." Lena didn't finish, just shuddered.

Hope laughed as she got out the beach chairs and the cooler.

"Aunt Hope, I can carry my own chair." Belle said putting her hand out. Hope nodded as she handed her the small pink miniature chair.  She also put a sunhat over Landon's fine baby hair. She quickly lathered sun tan lotion all over his cheeks and arms.