When in London

“Hello Harry,” was all Hope managed to say before she was enveloped into a giant almost bone crushing hug.

Harry closed his eyes as he breathed Hope in.  Her Pantene shampoo and the slight fruity smell of her lip gloss.  He said nothing in reply, just holding her, because he still had no idea what to say.  But seeing her, in front of him, everything seemed to crash.  His walls that he’d built up to try to forget her… They had crumbled like those of the city of Troy and would not ever be able to be rebuilt.  “You’re here.” He whispered at last. 

“Yes.” Hope replied softly as she closed her eyes, hugging Harry back as she stood on the tip of her heels to reach him.

~~~

Harry followed Liam’s car in his own, his mind still whirling that Hope was here.  In England.  An irresistible smile slowly stretched across his face as he recalled Hope scowling at him just minutes ago telling him that even if he was a scared little boy, she wasn’t going to let him throw away their friendship just like that and she had told him months ago that she would be there for his birthday. 

He tapped his fingers on the steering wheel as he peered into the back of Liam’s car to find that Hope had turned around at the traffic light to stick her tongue out at him and mouthing what he was absolutely positive was “Absolutely Shameless.” 

He just grinned though as he stuck out his own tongue in return. 

~~~

“Hope!” Liam laughed as he pulled her back down.  

“That guy!” She huffed as she sat back down in her seat.  “I can’t believe that he had the audacity to tell you to stop talking to me!”

“Well,” Liam began.  “It may be partially our fault. We pretty much egged him.” Liam said sheepishly as they had done just so.  When Harry had started dating Mia Halloway, it hadn’t been popular with any of them.  Louis had honest to god thought the girl was Hope before he met her, but then upon meeting the new face of the current dating show, he’d been horrified.  The girl was like Hope’s clone in looks but her personality was a complete 180 from Hope’s.  The girl was a flirt, not harmlessly so as Hope tended to be, being a naturally affectionate girl, but no the girl was a sensual flirt.  She was gorgeous and she knew it, her confidence was ten times that of Hope and Hope wasn’t lacking in confidence to start with. 

Then Niall had taken an instant disliking to her when she’d offhandedly insulted Ara  by saying that her outfit would have been better off if she hadn’t worn rather cheap looking jewelry, meaning the necklace that Niall had personally picked.  It hadn’t been mean persay in Liam’s opinion, Mia had complimented the outfit that Ara had picked out for her date and had only expressed her honest opinion as a model.  But Harry hadn’t had the forethought to tell her that the necklace was handpicked by Niall.  So the Irish boy was not overly fond of her.  In fact he’d taken to eating constantly, even more so when in the skinny model’s presence to Louis’ amusement.  To say that Mia Halloway was not impressed by Niall’s eating habits was an understatement. 

But that hadn’t been the worst.  The worst was that, he and the boys constantly talked about Hope.  She was their friend too now, not just Harry’s.  Especially him as the two of them were still planning a surprise for Valentine’s Day for Jolie.  So in anger, Harry had waited for the five of them to be alone before blowing his anger and demanding that they no longer contacted Hope either. If he couldn’t talk to her, then they sure as hell weren’t going to, had been his rather possessive words. 

“Still!” Hope exclaimed.  “He better be ready because I have many things to say to him and much of them not that pleasant.” She muttered.