Stand Up

From the moment I met you. I knew I had to get you, whatever the pain.” Liam sang as he ran up the beach hill, stopping at the top to look deep into the camera. 

Harry was standing a few feet away from him. Supposed to be ready for his shot next but he could only look below where Hope and her makeshift family were making a sand castle.  “I had to take you and make you mine.” Harry sang softly as he knew when was his cue yet he paid no attention whatsoever to the film crew. 

“Harry you need to look at the camera!” One of the directors yelled. 

Harry whipped his head back to the camera slightly embarrassed about what had just happened.

“Once more!”

Harry nodded, looking straight at the camera this time. 

~~~

Hope laughed as she let Landon from her lap.  The boy began to waddle towards the water, his little floaties making a trail. 

“Whoa there buddy,” She said picking him up again when he managed to reach the water’s edge. Landon however was not deterred as he kept reaching for the water.

“Do you want to go in?” Hope asked, placing the squirming babe on her hip.

Landon nodded, a bright smile on his face.   

Lena and Belle followed, Belle singing Another World, only Niall’s part of course as it was the only part she could truly remember. 

Soon she had both Lena and Hope singing with her, to One Direction's amusement.

"I can see why you like her so much." Zayn said joining Harry as the two watched below, having done their parts and waiting for Niall and Louis to do their singing while also standing upon a hill.

~~~

Harry came back down to the beach just as Hope was packing up the last load to the car, Lena having taken the two kids to the car.  

“Let me,” Harry said picking up the cooler. 

Hope looked up, smiling. “Hey.”

“Do you have to leave already?” Harry asked hopeful that she’d say no. 

“Yes, I’m sorry.” Hope brushed a couple of strands of her hair behind her ear.  “It’s my sister’s wedding tomorrow, we can’t stay out all day.”

Harry looked down at her not knowing what to say but wanting to ask her to just stay.  He knew he couldn’t ask that though. “We’re holding an impromptu concert tonight, it’ll be a part of the music video, right here on the beach.  Do you think you could come?”

Hope bit her lip as she mentally went through her schedule.  “Harry, there’s a dress rehearsal tonight…” she trailed off, killing any and all hope Harry had. 

Harry closed his eyes and gave a deep sigh.  “Can I at least walk you to your car?” He asked at last. 

Hope gave a soft smile nodding. 

~~~

Harry watched as Hope’s car, a red Mini Clubman, drove away. He continued to watch it even when it went around the bend and out of his line of sight. 

~~~

“Hope,”

“Yes Lena,”

“That guy is in love with you.” Lena said looking at her best friend, watching for her reaction.

“He can’t be, we’ve only met a handful of times.”

“He can be and he is.” Lena assured. “The way he looks at you, my god even Cory doesn’t give me that intense of a look.” Lena said, her voice laced with worry.