Inevitable

Hope actually wasn't sure what was going on around her nor did she know what she was doing, she just had to go... she needed air and the ringing in her ears was relentless though the word marry echoed in the background, like a broken and scratched record. So for three blocks, the tan brunette walked as fast as her heels could take her, her dress flying behind her, brushing several pedestrians as she went.

She didn't even realize that she was being followed until the running figure finally caught her arm, preventing her from going any further.

Hope's first instinct was to scream but she couldn't.

"Hope,"

Dark lashes fluttered as the owner of them blinked twice.

"Are you okay?"

"Li, Liam?" Hope finally asked, recognizing the voice but Liam was now looking down the street for something or someone. Seconds later, Hope's knees finally gave up and bucked on her, her adrenaline depleted.

"Whoa!" Liam exclaimed before nearly tipping over as he caught Hope just in time. "Hope?" He asked as he maneuvered her weight to shift towards him.

Closing her eyes, Hope leant against Liam as she finally, finally realized that she had just walked out of dinner, a dinner with her boyfriend and his family, better yet, right after her boyfriend had proposed to her, ring, speech, and all. "What did I just do?"

"There she is!" Liam said practically taking Hope with him upon seeing his girlfriend pull up in her car.

Next thing Hope knew she was in the front seat beside Jolie while Liam climbed in quickly to the back.

"Are you okay Hope?" Jolie asked glancing over at Hope.

"Not really." Hope said truthfully. "I feel kind of sick right now." She added, closing her eyes. "I, I," She wasn't sure what exactly she wanted to say though so she gulped and closed her eyes tightly. "Why would he do that?" Hope yelled out of the blue causing both Jolie and Liam to nearly jump as they had been sharing a look, both recalling dinner. As they had paid the check, they had managed to pass just when Mark proposed to Hope. Liam had literally stopped in his tracks, gobsmacked, staring in their direction that Jolie had blushed for him and tried to push him on. Just as they made it out the doors, the door flew open right behind them and Hope practically went flying with how fast she walked, not even noticing them.

"I'll get the car," Was all Jolie said before Liam went running off after Hope.

"Why did I react like that?" Hope whispered suddenly as she clenched her hands into fists. "What is wrong with me?" She barely finished before tears began to spring from her eyes. Before she could help herself, Hope began to cry harder as she realized the repercussions of her actions. While silently crying, Hope could almost hear Amy telling her she was being dramatic, and she was but Hope had no idea what else to do because the thought of marrying Mark make her ill, not because she didn't love him, but because she kept seeing Harry's eyes accusing her. Of what though she wasn't sure, but maybe she just didn't want to say it out loud.

"Jolie can you please take me home?" She finally asked as her tears somewhat subsided because if there was one thing she knew, she knew she couldn't face Mark the way she was at the moment. The thought of going back to the restaurant made her queasy.

Unfortunately for her, she only had twenty minutes more because sitting on the steps leading to her house sat Mark, his tie undone and top part of his shirt unbuttoned. His elbows rested on his thighs as he stared on ahead with his blue eyes that had a hint of green if the light was just right, but at the moment with night descended on them, his eyes were dark as ever while they looked up at her.