Viridian

"Elisamae, Queen Eisamae, please calm down and step away from Lady Cassandra." The council said. He rubbed his temples as he tried thinking to himself about this case. The decision was on his hands and he wished to favour the defense but of course, he won't utter any words that would show prejudice.

"Everyone in this court, I shall present another evidence showing the ineligibility of Cassandra to take the throne." Elise sighed.

"Proceed." The council leaned on his chair as he cracked his neck.

"My pleasure." Elise smirked. She swiftly touched Cassandra's forehead then purple bubbles flew out. "Checkmate."

Memory bubbles flew out of her forehead and there, everything was shown to everyone in the courtroom. Eric was standing by the door for he technically was not allowed to join the hearing but Maria gave her special permission. He fidgeted with his fingers as he looked anxiously at his sister. He was scared and he felt guilt and pity as she stood by Maria's side in the war. 

"Checkmate indeed... Congratulations Maria..." Eric nodded before leaving the court to see Hans beyond the castle walls.

Maria showed everyone the day of the execution and everyone was shocked. Ofelea felt both disgusted and defeated. It was clear who won the hearing and it frustrated Cassandra who was scratching her arms behind her back out of frustration.

The council sighed, "With the evidences presented before this very court which the jury and I deem acceptable, I can now declare a verdict. This woman is indeed Princess Maria Venice Victoria Elizabeth Helen Paris Cordovin Wordsworth."

"It can't be..." Cassandra whispered under her breath.

Elise took Cassandra by the chin then she said, "Well, have you no heart, Princess Zephyra? Using the late king for your need... How despicable."

While the people of the court left, Ofelea stayed with both Elise and Cassandra. While the court was still in session, Eric got to see Hans once more and it was more peaceful over the kingdom walls than it would have been inside.

"Hey! You saw Venice? What is she like now?" Hans' eyes sparkled as he asked Eric.

"Ah... I think you might wish to see that for yourself." Eric scratched the back of his head as he avoided eye contact.

"Well, I guess I will! Who won?" Hans smiled.

"I still don't know. While they were still arguing, I left since I still don't like seeing my sister. I just wish Venice would win." Eric rubbed his temples.

"I think you should calm down. I believe in this kingdom... Besides, thinking about it, you can marry her and our kingdoms can be stronger. Peace can be achieved." Hans smiled faintly as looked down, trying to stop his tears.

Eric gave Hans a worried look. He hugged Hans tight as he contemplated on what Hans just told him. "Why? You know too well that I would never take someone away from you..."

Hans slowly pushed Eric away then went back into the tent. Eric stood there, perplexed as he thought of what he might did wrong. "Hans... What happened to you?"

After some time, Eric followed into the tent then he saw Hans sitting on a chest with hands clasped together hitting his forehead. He was frustrated and oddly jealous.

"Hans... Hey... What happened?" Eric asked.

"I'm fine. I am just thinking for the greater good, that's all... I mean if a peace is what we want, then it's better for an alliance. Right?" Hans smiled as tears ran down his face. He looked up to Eric who was in front of him.

"You're crying..."

"Still smiling..."

"Exactly... You know too well how much I love you. I would never betray you like this, even if it meant the peace for centuries." Eric looked down at Hans.

"What if you fall in love and so does she?" Hans asked.

"You know who I am, Hans..." Eric sighed. "I just don't fancy them."

"Oh please, as if there's no chance of you swinging the other way!" Hans yelled.

"Tell me why in the name of King Eduard would I love girls. Let alone like!" Eric yelled in turn.

"Because I saw how you looked at her back then... I saw how treated her..." Hans cried.

"I thought you were smarter than this. We both know how to treat a woman, Hans. I might be gay but I know better than to hurt women." Eric swung a punch to Hans' left, purposely missing.

"Then if she does fall in love with you, would you marry her?" Hans smiled at Eric.

Eric was at loss for words. He felt himself shaking as his eyes widened. He took some steps back as his tears began to fall.

"Would you?" Hans reiterated.

"Why would you ask such a question?!"

"Just answer me. Which heart would you break?" Hans looked Eric in the eyes.

"Whichever I pick, you'd be hurt! How in the world am I supposed to pick?!" Eric raised his voice again. "If I choose to marry her, you'll be heartbroken. If I turn her down, even the most gentle way possible, you'll be hurt because I broke the heart of the woman you loved!"

"How are you so sure that I'll be hurt?" Hans replied.

"I can see it in you eyes, Hans... I know you more than you think. When you say that no one knows you best because even your father doesn't know you much, then you are wrong because I am still here." Eric walked out of the tent. "Now if you don't mind, I must compose myself... I'll see you soon."

"You know how much I love you..." Eric whispered Eric's words.

While Eric was outside, tending to the people, a great explosion was heard from inside the walls of the Orient. It alarmed him greatly and he went rushing towards the walls. As for Hans, he knew better than to leave the people alone and help, though he knew that he'd be of great help.