White

Days past after the court made their decision. Cedric was to be king.

"I heard their heir is going to be king... At such a young age even!" The queen from an enemy kingdom said.

"Then let him be king. We will conquer when the day comes." The king said.

"Sir Howard... Rally the troops, we will conquer." The queen told the knight beside her.

Sir Howard bowed then left the room. He went to see his son in his chambers.

"Dad! What did the king and queen say?" He asked.

Howard patted his son's head then replied, "We will get ready for an attack."

"That means... I won't see you again?" He asked his father.

"Hans, don't worry. I am a strong man. I can handle this. Besides, you are already twelve, you can handle yourself, right?" Sir Howard smiled.

"Yeah! I will be a knight as strong as you, and as handsome too!" Hans giggled.

"Sir! The king has called for you." A fellow knight called Howard.

Howard hugged his son before leaving him. As soon as his father left, Hans took his sword from under the bed then paracticed.

"Hans?" Someone called for the young boy.

"Yes?" He answered as he practiced his swordfighting.

"Come here, you need to eat!" The same person said.

"Okay... I'll be there, Aunt Sae." He dropped his sword then went out the room to greet his aunt.

"Good morning to you too, Hans." Sae smiled at the boy.

"What's for breakfast?" He asked.

"Your favorite." She smiled.

The both of them went to the kitchen then ate their breakfast with the other maids.

"Hans, the prince wishes to see you." A butler called as Hans took another bite of his breakfast.

"Yeah, tell him that I'll be there after my breakfast!" He muffled as he chewed.

"Hans! Where are your manners? Don't talk with your mouth full." Sae advised her nephew.

Hans swallowed his food then nodded at his aunt. He followed the butler towards the prince's room in which they usually play.

"Prince Eric!" He greeted.

"Hans, wanna play knights and altars?" The prince asked. "My sister is here to join!"

"Sure, why not? Morning Princess Sarah." He replied.

The three of them played in the castle. Meanwhile, on the other side of the world, in the Kingdom of the Orient, Maria was strolling the town with her brother.

"Cedric, where are we going?" She asked his brother as she held his hand.

"I still don't have a birthday gift for you, right? We're going to Madame Cherie. She will sew you a wonderful gown." He smiled at his sister.

"Really?! You'd do that for me?" Maria's eyes sparkled.

"Of course! You're my only sister." He chuckled.

They walked the busy streets as every civilian who recognized them gave a greeting.

"Afternoon Prince Cedric!" A small girl with a basket of flowers greeted.

"Afternoon to you too, little girl." He greeted back.

"Good afternoon to you, Princess Maria! Would you like to buy a flower?" She asked the princess.