Dark Cherry

Eight years have past since the public "execution" of Princess Maria Venice Victoria Elizabeth Helen Paris Cordovin Wordsworth. It did not faze the kingdom of Madara, but it left quite the curse upon who ruled it.

"I hope you're happy..." Sarah's monotone voice was heard beside her parents's graves as she grieved.

"Princess..." A butler told the little heiress. "Your brother will be coming home from the north... Will you greet him?"

"When is Sandra coming home?" Sarah asked.

"She won't be coming home until she takes the crown of the east." The butler replied.

"Tell my brother that I will take the throne, whether he likes it or not." Sarah ordered the butler before leaving the two tombs while the rain was pouring hard.

"Princess, it's not safe for you to leave without an umbrella!" The butler warned.

"To hell with my health, go to my brother." Sarah replied as she walked away.

The butler sighed as he walked towards the castle doors. When he went inside, the prince just arrived.

"Happy birthday brother dear..." Sarah whispered as she looked at the dark skies while rain poured down.

"Where's Sarah?" Eric asked the butler as the young prince took his crown from a maid's hand. "She should be here."

"She's outside." The butler replied.

"It's raining cats and dogs out there, she's going to catch a cold." Eric told him. "She might be 18, but she's still my little sister."

Sarah walked around the courtyard as she hummed. "It's been a while since I held my doll, Paris..."

She walked to a shed where all her belongings were. She stored everything there when she reached the age of 16, for she saw no use in keeping it in her room since the war was over with the "execution" of Princess Maria. When she saw her doll sitting on a chest.

"There you are Paris... I missed you." Sarah smirked. "Ready for another possession?"

While in the castle, the butler and Eric were talking as they walked around the castle.

"What did Sarah tell you to tell me?" Eric asked.

"She told me to tell you that she's getting the throne." The butler replied.

"Is that so? When Andreia gets here, she won't stand a chance. I won't be fighting for the crown. I am not driven by greed unlike all of them." Eric rolled his eyes.

"We shall see..."

"Where's my father and my mother?" Eric asked.

"They are outside, they refused to be buried with your ancestors." The butler replied.

"Is that so..." Eric took the umbrella from the butler's hand then he went to his parent's tomb.

"Welcome back brother dear." Sarah whispered in the shed. "Joyous birthday."

"Where did I go wrong?" Eric asked his parents. "The greed that tainted my sisters... Is the same greed that blinded you... How long has it been?"

Sarah left the shed slightly dry. She went under the rain once more to see her brother by their parents' tombs.

"It has been eight years brother mine..." Sarah said as she held her doll tight.

"It's been that long... Much like our sister's exile." Eric smirked.

"Three years since the death of our parents though... You abandoned us and I shall take the crown... I hope that would be peachy." Sarah smiled so innocently.

Eric turned to look Sarah in the eyes. "I know not of your true colours, but I do know that you are not oh so innocent."

"Correct you are brother dear... And this little girl is heading straight for the castle... They're gonna make me their queen."

"You're not going to get your hands on the crown and you know that." Eric narrowed his eyes at his little sister.

"Oh? But you are no longer eligible. You abdicated, did you not?" Sarah pouted.

"But I am not the only heir to the throne."

"So who else? Andreia? Please. You have to be kidding me... The throne is promised to her once she gets the crown of the Orient." Sarah laughed. "And that is not going too well for her."

"Just you wait for it..." Eric taunted.

"Soon, we'll be in the eye of the hurricane. Be prepared..." Sarah smirked. "Happy birthday."

June 6th

Either I am still grieving or I am seeing a similarity between my sister and Feliz Lockheart... I know nothing about her but the fact that she's an orphan at the age of 15.

Though I just knew that she celebrates her birthday on the 4th of January, the day of my sister's execution...

How odd of a coincidence...

"Ced, open the door... I have to tell you something..." Cassandra knocked.

The king opened the door to his room to see Cassandra with Feliz. Cassandra whispered to Cedric, "I want solidarity... Please take her with you for now..."

Cedric glanced at Feliz then back to Cassandra. The king sighed then he nodded. It made Cassandra smile, she left them to go to the garden where she looked for the switch that can open the kingdom treasure compartment.

"So... Feliz... Is it?" Cedric asked as he went back to his study.

"Yes, your majesty." Feliz responded.

"Hm... close the door... I need to think." Cedric ordered.

Feliz went into the room before closing the door behind her. She did this silently, making sure to not disturb the king.

"Feliz, how old are you this year?" Cedric asked without looking away from his papers.

"18, I am this year. Why do you ask, you majesty?" Feliz titled her head in confusion.

"I just wanted to know. I was thinking about my sister..." Cedric replied.

Some time passed and the sun was again setting. Feliz started humming a song that was famously sung by the little princess.

"When the angels fly
When I wave goodbye
When I feel my tears dry
Is when I shall again try..." Cedric softly sang.

"I take the crown
The responsibility I own
Until the time I'm grown
I won't let my people down..." Feliz continued.

Cedric looked at Feliz as he tried hiding his grief. "You know the song?"

"Yes, my mother used to sing it to me..." Feliz smiled faintly.

"I used to sing that to my sister, who performs it for the whole kingdom." Cedric closed his eyes as he laid back on his chair.

"Princess Maria was a lovely person, my parents told me how she's a good role model for every other child out there." Feliz's eyes sparkled as she told the king.

"She was... She made such an impact..." Cedric smiled. He went back to scanning papers on his study as he felt great sadness in losing his sister.

"How quaint..."