Navy

Hans was packing his things. He was getting ready to leave the north for he wanted to move on from his grief.

Being closest to the Orient, he wanted to go there. It was the closest place to home. He told Eric about his plan and he agreed. Eric on the other hand, he went back to the west to look upon his people.

With the setting sun, he left their house to make his last visit to the castle. As he walked past the different towns, people waved him goodbye, but Livonia remained to be the deserted, abandoned and dead. The dirt mound by the fountain grew a beautiful marguerite bush. He took one from the bush then continued walking.

He felt the nostalgia rushing in as he carried the flower in his hand. Every step he took was a subtle reminder of his years in the north and how he enjoyed his life. As much as it pained him to leave, it pained him more to stay.

He arrived in the castle and the king was waiting for him.

"Hans, you are a good man. This kingdom will miss you dearly. Thank you for your service, I permit you to cross the boarder to the Orient."

Hans got on his feet after getting the king's permission to leave. As he walked towards the castle doors, a messenger came rushing in as he held a letter for the king.

"Your highness, a letter from the east!" The messenger cried.

The king was shocked at the tone of the messenger. It was filled with urgency and importance that it made him stand up from his throne.

The messenger gave the letter to the king and it left the king speechless. Hans stopped on his tracks then turned to the king, he went closer saying, "Sire..."

"Hans, leave for Orient, that kingdom is falling apart." The king ordered before folding the letter and giving it to Hans. "I shall send my condolences through Hans' visit."

"Yes sire." Hans bowed before leaving the castle.

Upon leaving the castle, the young knight was carrying nothing but bags of coins and the letter. He walks to the boarder of the north and the east as the day was coming to a close once more. Days were moving faster as he noticed everyday was like every second. He was reminiscing as he walked. His feet were not feeling tired even though he knows he's been walking for hours. More hours passed and he could see the light of the moon shining over him with the twinkling stars. It was the most peaceful and beautiful night he has seen since he left Madara.

"The night has not been more beautiful... Especially that the two women I loved are up there." Hans smiled as she looked up the dark sky. There were no more houses or any buildings that he could stay in. He was walking on fields of grass and a couple of trees here and there could be seen during his journey. He turned to where he came from and he has come a long way, he could no longer see the castle or the town.

He continued walking through the night and he finally reached the boarder. He saw a guard of violet who stopped him.

"Sir, what business do you have here?" The guard asked Hans.

"I am a knight from the north. The king has sent me to give my condolences to the future queen of the Orient." Hans replied as he showed the letter given to him by the king.

The guard checked the letter before letting the young knight enter the walls of the Orient. As soon as he was inside, he continued walking and there he saw a town with an inn. He wanted to get some shut eye so he went inside. The inn was aesthetically pleasing to say the least, with fully lit rooms, a clean bar, and nice staff.

"What brings ya here, hot stuff?" The receptionist asked.

"I wish to spend one night here." Hans replied.

"Oh, is that so? Here's the key for room 112, if ya need somethin', just give me a call. The name's Kira, at your service." She said as she gave the key to Hans.

"Thanks." Hans smiled.

He walked towards the room then he opened the door to the room.

"What did I expect?" Hans sighed.

He took a look at the furniture then he heard bells chiming in unison. The clock points to midnight and he remembers someone.

Flashback

Hans was looking at the ceiling while Eric was sleeping beside him.

"Why aren't you asleep yet?" Maria asked in a concerning tone as she closed the door.

"I can't seem to sleep..." Hans replied as he closed his eyes.

"I believe it's-" Maria was cut off by the bells chiming on the strike of midnight.

"Midnight." Hand and Maria said in chorus.

"So you have midnight chimes in your place..." Hans said as he slowly opened his eyes.

"Oh... You mean the twilight harmony." Maria smiled.

"You call it that in the east?" Hans slowly sat down on his mattress.

"Uhuh..." Maria smiled at the young boy.

"I see you kept the rose..." Hans yawned. He was too tired to even react to this, but it was a sweet gesture.

"U-uh... Ye-yes..." Maria blushed. She thought of it for the whole time that she was wandering in the courtyard.

"I'm glad you did." Hans lied down again then as he closed his eyes, he yawned. Not long, he was asleep.

Maria smiled at Hans as she looked at the rose, then softly she said, "Good night to you too Sir Hans."

"The twilight harmony..." Hans smiled. "For a ten year old, she loved staying up all night."

He looked at the window in his room and he saw a glistening figure from afar, he was thinking that it was the castle. He sat down on the bed when something was sled into his room from the door.

"What's this?" He asked himself. When he picked it up, he saw that it was a newspaper.

The headline shocked him.

"King found dead on his throne." He read.

He continued reading the whole article and there he understood why the king sent him to the Orient. The whole paper featured the king and he concluded that the king must be beloved by his people.

After reading the paper, he slowly lay on the bed then he closed his eyes. Not long after, he was asleep.