7. and the truth will set you free,but will it be today?

Severus Snape pulled Harry Potter into the hug. Severus knew that what he was doing would be crossing the line. He could never be as mean to Harry as he used to be, but it was all right. Severus had realized something today. He realized that even though he and Lily couldn’t be together, that didn’t mean that his daughter and Lily’s son couldn’t be together. True, he was still the son of Severus’s enemy, but it didn’t matter. Much.

Kiley was completely filled with bliss. Finally Severus accepted Harry! She had a feeling that it would take a while, but that one hug, one measly acceptation into the hug changed everything.

Harry was just stunned. He never though he would live to see the day that Severus Snape would smile, laugh, jump up and down like a child, and hug him. I guess I’ve seen everything now, Harry thought, hugging both Severus and Kiley.

When the hug was over they walked out into the street, each thinking their own thoughts. Harry was holding Kiley’s hand, and Severus had his hand on the back of her neck.

“I think we should go to Hogsmeade and get something to eat, shall we?” Severus finally said after what seemed like an hour of silence.

Kiley and Harry nodded and they walked out of Diagon Alley and to the convertible, the now awake dragon perching on Kiley’s shoulder.

“Professor?” Harry asked as the got to the car.

“Yes, Harry?” Severus replied as he opened the driver’s seat door.

“Can I drive?”

Severus looked up, startled. “You know how to drive?”

“Yes, sir. Uncle Vernon taught Dudley and me a while ago.” Harry said, nervously ringing his hands. Kiley looked at Harry in amusement.

“Oh, well, sure.” Severus replied, pulling back the seat and climbing into the back. Harry walked around to the driver’s seat and got in. Severus handed him the keys and Harry swiftly started the engine. Kiley got into the passengers seat and shut the door, a smile spreading on her face as Severus began to give Harry directions to Hogsmeade.

She didn’t know why, but there was something about driving that always made her mind wander, always brought back random memories.

There faces where inches apart, they where breathing heavily. Draco’s eyes gave him away. Draco had the poise of someone who knew what he was doing, but his eyes betrayed him, showing fear and hesitation. Draco’s hand hesitantly came up to cup her cheek. He looked into her eyes and slowly bent his face forward.

Here goes nothing, Kiley thought, leaning in too. When there lips met, Draco pulled back sharply.

“What is it?” she asked, confused.

Draco shook his head and stared in wonder at her, his eyes slightly wide.

She cocked her head to the side in puzzlement.

Suddenly his lips came back down on hers hard. He backed her up against the wall and pulled her tighter to him. She was astonished, not knowing what to make of this. He ran his hand along her side, tracing the stitching that was keeping the dress together, kissing her ferociously. She locked her arms behind his head and kissed him back, loving the feeling.

When she resurfaced she thought, that was nothing like kissing Harry. Nothing at all. She shook her head, a new memory coming on.

“Lucius, Severus, will you take me to a fast food place?” Kiley asked one day when she was fourteen.

Lucius and Severus were deep in a conversation when she came up to them. They looked at her in astonishment.

“Why would you want to go to a muggle restaurant?” Lucius asked, turning his nose up the slightest bit at the thought of going someplace were muggle’s where.

“Because I’m sick of this food. I want to try a hamburger and a shake.” She said, placing her hands on her hips.

Lucius and Severus looked at each other. Voldemort had made it very clear that if she wanted to go to the outside world, both of them had to go with her.

“I don’t see why not,” Severus said to Lucius.

“Well, all right. But we have to make it fast. The Dark Lord wants her to be in his throne room by twilight so he can discuss something important with her.” Lucius replied.

Kiley beamed in excitement.

“Thank you Severus and Lucius!” she cried, giving them both hugs. Lucius looked disgusted with the close contact, but Severus openly enjoyed it.

Kiley, Severus, and Lucius quickly changed into muggle clothes. Kiley was wearing a short jean skirt, red leggings, silver ballet flats, and a soft red t-shirt with a white zip up jacket. Severus was wearing a pair of khaki pants, dressy tennis shoes, and a blue and green striped polo. Lucius was in a black suit, with black dress shoes, a black dress shirt, a green tie, and his ever-present cane.

When they got to the fast food place that Kiley wanted to go, Lucius was appalled at all the muggles there.

“You can’t be serious!” he exclaimed, looking at Kiley in distress.

“Yes, I am serious, now go find us a table,” Kiley said, getting in line with Severus.

“But all of these muggles….” Lucius started to protest.

“Lucius that is an order. Go and find us a table now.” Kiley was fed up with Lucius. He could at least TRY not to ruin her fun. Lucius walked to the table, grumbling the whole time.

“What do you think Lucius would like?” Kiley asked when they got to the cashier.

“I think we should just get him the regular stuff. I really don’t think he’ll eat any of it.” Severus said truthfully, looking at the list of things.

Kiley shrugged, knowing this to be true. She got him the regular stuff. Kiley ordered a hamburger, fries, and a strawberry milkshake for herself, and Severus got the same, down to the milkshake. He smiled when she ordered, knowing that she liked everything he liked as a child.

Kiley brought the tray of food to a still grumbling Lucius, setting the tray in front of him and saying, “Eat,”

Lucius looked up at her with a pained expression. “Do I have to?” he sounded like a whining little kid.

She nodded once before settling down into the booth next to Severus. They both started eating at the same time. Lucius watched them in fascination as they both ate the same way. First the hamburger, taking the pickles off and setting them to the side. Then they both ate it the same way. Next came the fries, which they both dipped into their strawberry milkshake. After the fries where gone, they both took a spoon and ate the rest of the shake, scraping the bottom when it was gone. They both licked the spoon contently and set it down on the table, on top of the wrapper the hamburger had came in.

“That’s very odd,” Lucius said, looking at the pair when they where done eating. “You both ate everything the same way.” Lucius leaned forward and peered at both of them. “You even kind of look the same……..” then a realization hit Lucius. He looked at Severus with an amused expression, his mouth opening in astonishment. “No, oh, Severus Snape!”

Severus’s face had gone ashen as he realized that Lucius knew. He glanced at Kiley worriedly, but she was to busy smiling at some boy who was staring at her. He didn’t know that she could hear everything they where saying.

Severus shot Lucius a look and he shut up, content with bringing it up at a later date.

Kiley resurfaced and glanced back at Severus in shock. Why had his face gone white when Lucius commented on how similar they where? She always knew this, but she had thought that it was only because she had grown up seeing him more than she had seen her father. Could it be something more? No, it couldn’t be, she thought firmly. Severus is just a friend. Nothing more.

“Take a left up here,” Severus said in the back, trying very hard not to wonder why Kiley was staring at him like that. He knew she had another one of her memory time lapses, but he didn’t know which memory had resurfaced. He was worried that it would be something bad that would bring her down, Merlin knows there where enough of those types of memories, but she didn’t seem sad, she seemed, almost thoughtful.

“Here we are,” Harry said, shifting the car into park and cutting the engine. They all climbed out of the car and walked into the restaurant, sitting down at a table and looking over the menu.

The dinner was very pleasant, and so was the trip to the candy store. Both Kiley and Harry walked away with some candy, even Severus had bought his own small bag, hiding it in his robes so that they couldn’t see it.

When they got back to Hogwarts, Kiley followed Severus into his office while Harry went to go get his pajamas on and go to sleep. It was late, but Kiley had to talk to Severus.

“Severus,” Kiley began, settling into the chair behind his desk, “I had another memory time lapse.”

“I know, on the way back from Diagon Alley,” he said, taking a deep breathe and wondering what she was going to say next.

“Do you remember the time when I asked you and Lucius to take me to a fast food place? Lucius was all dressed up and he hated being there, but I made him stay. Do you remember?”

“Yes, I remember,” that was the day that Lucius found out that Kiley was Severus’s daughter and not Voldemort’s. Severus remembered it clear as day.

“Well, I also remember how we both ordered the same thing, and ate our food the same way, and Lucius was all like, ‘that was very odd,’ then he looked like he realized something….. Do you remember?” Kiley was feeling a tad bit uncomfortable. What if it was nothing at all?

“Yes, I remember…..” Severus breathed. Here it comes, here it comes, he silently chanted.

“What did he realize?” Kiley asked quietly. She looked at Severus, really looked at him. She saw the same color hair that she saw everyday in the mirror. She saw the same face shape she saw everyday in the mirror. But it was all coincidence!! She screamed at herself. My father must have looked that way when he was a child! Or my mother!

“He realized, he realized…..” Severus couldn’t bring himself to say it. He wanted to, dear Merlin he wanted to!! But he just couldn’t. “That I had forgotten to give Draco the note that the Dark Lord gave to me to give to him,” Severus blurted.

“Oh, well, okay that makes sense,” Kiley said, apparently astonished.

Severus smiled weakly. “Best time you get in bed! It’s going to be a long day tomorrow! Classes start! Hop of to bed!” Severus shooed her out of his office and closed the door, collapsing behind it. When will I be able to tell her?? Severus asked himself desperately. When???

Kiley looked at the closed door and sighed. She was idiotic for thinking that Severus was her father, and not Lord Voldemort.

Classes started early the next day. Kiley heard the howling of wolves and shot out of bed, knowing that she was late. She quickly pulled on her uniform and grabbed her robes and textbooks, flying out the door and into the Common Room. She ran all the way down to the Dining Hall, where breakfast was just starting.

“Why, hello there, pretty girl!” Harry said, swallowing a mouth full of cereal and looking up at her with a wide smile. She smiled back as she approached the table.

Kiley plopped down onto the bench next to Harry, ignoring the death stare that was coming from Hermione. She poured a bowl of cereal and started to eat.

“Over sleep?” Ron asked, his mouth full of cereal. She nodded because her mouth was full and swallowed.

“Yup. I didn’t hear my alarm clock, so my painting woke me up.” She said, spooning another bite of cereal into her mouth.

“Your painting?” Ron asked, abandoning his cereal to look up at Kiley.

“Yeah, it’s a wolf painting,” she replied, looking up at him.

“Oh, cool!” Ron said, turning back to his cereal.

Hermione never said a word, content with just staring at Kiley with malice in her eyes.

Harry was finished with eating before Kiley was. He decided to play with her hair as he talked to his friends and girlfriend. This sent Hermione over the edge. She slammed her book shut and stormed out, her hair flying behind her.

“What’s got her?” Ron asked, staring after his retreating friend. Harry shrugged and Kiley didn’t say anything.

“So, what class do we have first?” Kiley asked, finishing her bowl of cereal and pouring some pumpkin juice.

“First we have Transfiguration. Then Defense Against the Dark Arts. Then after that, Potions. Then we eat lunch and have a free period after that. Then Care and Keeping of Magical Creatures, after that we have Divination. Then finally dinner!” Harry listed off.

Kiley nodded and brought the cup to her lips. Suddenly she felt something move in the pocket of her robe. She looked at the wriggling bundle in confusion. She reached inside the pocket and pulled out her dragon.

“Oh!” she said, surprised at seeing him.

“Hey, did you ever name him?” Harry asked her. Ron just stared in disbelief.

“No, I didn’t!!”

“What about Norbert?” Ron asked. Harry and Ron looked at each other and laughed, remembering the little dragon Hagrid had.

“No, not Norbert,” she said, wrinkling her nose daintily.

“How about Lion?” Severus asked, walking over to the Gryffindor table and sitting down next to Harry. Ron’s eyes bugged out of his head as Severus and Harry exchanged small smiles.

“Lion? Why would I name a dragon Lion?” Kiley asked, looking at Severus in confusion.

“You don’t remember the dragon stuffed animal Lucius gave you when you where younger?” Severus replied, smiling a devious smile at her. Kiley still had the dragon, yes; it was on her nightstand at that moment.

Kiley gaped at him in horror. “Severus!! I was two!!!”

Severus laughed, causing Ron to choke on his cereal. “Okay, how about Drake?”

Kiley looked down at the little dragon who was parading around the table with his head held high, and his deep purple wings folded on its back. His lighter purple horns where small and his scaley body was the same deep purple as his wings.

“That’s perfect, Severus! Thank you!” Kiley cried. She looked at the little dragon and he stopped parading about. He walked over to her and looked up at her expectantly. “Hello, Drake!” she said. He cried out in delight when he heard his new name.

“That’s one smart dragon,” Harry commented. Drake snapped his head towards the sound of Harry’s voice. He walked over to Ron’s plate and looked first at the food, then at Ron. Then Drake gingerly bent his head down, his jaws opening slowly, looking up at Ron the whole time with a wary expression. He quickly snatched up the Danish that was on Ron’s plate and ran towards Kiley quickly, hiding behind her left arm that was resting on the table. He peered out behind it, greedily gulping the Danish whole. Drake then shook like he was a dog, and changed color right before their eyes. He changed from purple to blue, then from blue to green in the span of thirty seconds.

They all laughed at the sight of the dragon. Ron stopped laughing quickly and stared at Severus again in amazement.

“Well, I best be going, classes start soon,” Severus said, getting up. He gave Kiley a quick hug, then mused Harry’s hair, saying goodbye to them.

Ron watched Severus walk away with pure wonder etched into his red haired, freckled face. “What the bloody…..” he trailed off. He looked at Harry with puzzlement. “What was that all about? Is Snape finally warming up to you?”

“Something like that,” he mumbled, staring at Kiley. She giggled and kissed him swiftly on the cheek.

“We better get going,” she said, standing up from the table, “I don’t want to be late to class, and I want to be able to sit by you guys!”