2. a littel trip to hogwarts can go a long way

“KIIIIILLLEEEEYYYYYY!!!!!!!” the bellow reverberated off the walls, sending the palace into a small shudder. It seemed to Kiley that the walls to where afraid of her father.

Kiley hurriedly twisted on her heel and disaparated. She ended up right in front of her father. “Yes, father?” she asked, breathless.

Lord Voldemort was sitting in his favorite chair, Nigera slithering across the back of it, hissing rather contently.

“When was the last time you checked on our guest?” he hissed, his S’s slightly longer than should be, like the hiss of a snake.

Kiley shifted her eyes to the floor, not looking at the Death Eaters that where standing along the perimeter of he small, dark room. It was stone walled, the stones a rich, blood red. The floor was tiled with green, even stones. It was small, and definably NOT cozy.

“Yesterday,” she said, remembering the pain she had to put the guest through. She hated using the Cruciatus Curse. Hated it with a passion.

“And was there any new information?” Voldemort asked, leaning forward expectantly.

Kiley snorted inwardly. As if. “No, father.”

“Then I want to make another visit. See if you can get any information out of her. You know what to do.”

“Yes, father.” Just ask him already! She thought. “Father?”

“Yes, what is it?” Voldemort’s attention was already diverted.

“May I go visit Severus Snape when I am done?” there, she had said it.

“Severus is teaching at the school.” Voldemort seemed perplexed. Hadn’t he already told her she could not attend?
“Yes, father I know. Please?” she asked in an after thought.

Voldemort seemed to think it over. He smiled. This might work.

“Yes, you may go visit Severus when you are done.”

“Thank you! Thank you!” she was so happy that she ran over to Lord Voldemort and gave him a hug. Voldemort was visibly startled.

She ran from the room, feeling the Death Eater amused eyes follow her.

She started to skip down to the dungeons, blissful at the thought of seeing her best friend again. When she reached Her cell though, she stopped skipping, and her heart started to flutter in her chest. I don’t want to do this, she thought to herself sadly. I can’t stand to see her hurt. She takes it all. That’s what makes it so unbearable.

Kiley took the key from the opposite wall and slid it into the lock, turning it softly.

“Luna?” she called into the darkness. A girl about her age sat in the corner, her bleach blonde hair ruffled around her face. She looked up from what she had been etching into the dirt of the cell floor and smiled dreamily.

“Hello, Kiley.” She said. She bent her head back down to look at the drawing in the dim light.

“What are you doing?” Kiley asked, walking over to look at the drawing, being careful not to let her gold dress swipe against the floor. She balanced on her platform sling backs and looked down at the drawing. It was a drawing of five people. One was obviously her, another was Luna. She didn’t recognize the other people though.

“Who are the others?” she asked, pointing to the three people in turn.

Luna took her wrist and Kiley kept pointing her finger.

“This is Hermione,” Luna said, moving Kiley’s wrist so that she was pointing at the bushy haired girl. “this is Ron,” she moved Kiley’s wrist to the boy in the middle. “and this is Harry.” She moved Kiley’s wrist to the last boy. He had glasses on, and a thin bolt was drawn onto his forehead.

“That’s lovely Luna,” Kiley said, meaning it. It touched her how she was lobed in with everyone, even though she had hurt Luna a number of times. She would have to hurt her again today.

“I’m sorry Luna, but I have to ask you the same question I asked you yesterday.”

“Then you know what my answer is. I told you it yesterday, and the day before, and the day before, and the day before that.” Luna went back to her drawing and wrote the words, ‘Me and my Friends.’ in the dirt above all of the characters. Then she started to scribble the names of the people under there character.

“Please Luna. Isn’t there anything you can tell me?” Kiley asked desperately. She knew what was going to happen though.

Luna shook her head, then stood up. She walked over to the far wall and braced herself against it. She had a smile on her face, and her eyes looked dreamy.

“I’m ready,” she said.

Kiley reluctantly lifted her wand and said, “Crucio!

Luna doubled over in pain, a gasp escaping from her lips. They wouldn’t be satisfied until they heard screaming and shouting. Kiley summoned all her strength and shouted,

“TELL ME NOW!”

Luna knew the game to, for she screamed back, “I DON’T KNOW ANYTHING!!!! I SWEAR!”

“TELL ME NOW YOU LITTLE GIT!!!” Kiley lessened on the Cruciatus Curse, but Luna screamed all the same.

It went on for a while, until Luna had passed out on the floor from all the pain, her body shutting down. This happened every time, and each time it was worse.

Kiley pointed her wand at Luna and muttered, “Wingardium Leviosa,” Luna was lifted up into the air gently.

Kiley slowly brought her around, setting her down ever-so-gently. With one final glance at the sleeping figure, Kiley made her way out of the dungeon and up the stairs. She had completely forgotten about her visit with Severus until she saw Lucius Malfoy walking down the hallway. Lucius stopped walking when he spotted her and bowed. She nodded in return and Lucius walked away without a word.

When he was gone, Kiley ran down the hall and up the stares, hiking the skirt of her dress up so she could run faster. As soon as she got to her room she kicked of her gold sling back wedges and wiggled out of her dress, eager to get her muggle clothes on so she could see Severus.

She brushed a strand of her jet black hair out of her vivid green eyes as she stepped into her dark washed skinny jeans. She pulled her white tank-top on, and then she tugged her red suede boots from the closet and put those on too. Before leaving, she glanced out her window and seeing that it was probably cold outside, she threw on a grey hoodie that had an awesome dragon design on the back, and a red Rose the color of her boots on the right hand side of the front. She zipped it up to the area where her diaphragm was and glanced at the full length mirror. She nodded at her reflection with approval.

As she descended the staircase, she twisted her white gold snake ring that had the ruby red eyes around her middle finger on her left hand out of habit.

“I’m leaving now,” she said to the nearest Death Eater. He nodded, bowed, and then ran off, probably to tell Voldemort. After the Death Eater had left, she turned on her heel rapidly, disaparating

In the blink of an eye she was in Severus’s office. Severus was at his desk, grading some papers. Kiley smiled widely; glad to see him after so long. It was obvious that Severus hadn’t heard her aparate into the room, for he kept grading papers. Kiley took the time to look around his office silently. She noticed he would glance at the clock a lot, then at the door, as if waiting for someone.

Finally Kiley could stand the silence no longer. She silently walked up to his desk and said, “You know, I would think you’d be more attentive, being a professor and all.” Severus glanced up sharply, shock flitting across his face. When he saw her standing there, in front of his desk, he smiled broadly and his eyes lit up with delight. He got out from behind his desk and ran over to Kiley, enveloping her in a giant bear hug.

“What are you doing here? I’ve missed you so much!” Severus hugged her fiercely. “Is he letting you come to Hogwarts now?”

“I hope so! I haven’t asked yet. I was so surprised he let me come visit you!” Kiley said, hugging Severus back. He let go of her and held her at arms length.

“Well I’m very glad he did!” he hugged her one more time, then released her.

Kiley walked around the office, picking up random items, then setting them back down. Severus watched her, giddy with happiness. This was the first time he had seen his daughter since the school year had started, and Halloween was fast approaching. She was getting so tall! And she was becoming so beautiful too. If she started going to Hogwarts he’d have to watch all of the boys like a hawk.

Kiley walked over to his desk and sat down, looking at the papers he was grading. The paper had the name ‘Ronald Weasely’ scratched at the top in very messy hand writing. She quickly skimmed the essay and realized this boy made not one lick of sense.

“Is this Ronald Weasely a bad student?” she asked, getting to the very end. Somewhere in the middle of the essay he had started talking about the Chudley Cannons. “and don’t you teach Potions?”

“Yes I do, and yes he is a very irksome student. Him and that Potter boy.” Severus said, rolling his eyes and rubbing his temples.

“You mean Harry Potter?” Kiley asked, remembering the time she had heard her father bellow, ‘WHAT DO YOU MEAN HARRY POTTER ESCAPED??!?’ then there was some people screaming. She shuddered and returned to the present

“The very one,” Severus breathed.

Kiley was surprised to find out that she had already covered, and aced, this potion. She grabbed his quill and dipped it into the red ink, scratching a D- onto the paper. She placed it on top of the pile of other graded essays and went to the next one.

Severus knew that she had already covered this material, and he also knew that she would go easy on everyone. He sat down in the chair that was placed in front of his desk and watched Kiley grade the essays. Her hand writing was a lot neater than his messy scrawl, so the students would probably be wondering who had graded their papers.

Kiley graded the papers in silence. Suddenly she came to Draco’s paper. She eagerly read through it, taking in every word. When she was done she scratched an A+ onto the top, then added a ‘Hey, Baby!’ at the bottom of the paper. She giggled when she realized that he would probably think that Severus had put the note on the paper, so she began to write notes at the bottom of every paper such as, ‘Wassup homey?’ And ‘Lookin good my man!’ she was having an excellent time.

Severus knew what she was doing, and he knew he would regret letting her do it later, but it was just so wonderful to see her laugh and smile.

When Kiley came to the last paper, she looked at the name at the top and gasped. It said, ‘Harry Potter’. She read through the paper slowly, wondering what this boy was like. Before she had read the essay, she always thought that he wasn’t real, that he was just a figment of her father’s imagination. He had written a perfect essay. When she scratched an A+ at the top, she thought about what she should put on the bottom of his paper. She thought about it for a moment. She decided to put, ‘the imagination is a fickle thing, isn’t it?’

Suddenly there came a knock on the door. Severus whipped his head around to look at the door, and then he looked at the clock. He cursed under his breath and got up to open the door. Kiley looked up with interest, having finished grading the papers. Severus opened the door partially, poking his head out to look at whoever was at the door.

“Potter,” Severus snarled. Was he always this mean to students?

“Professor,” she heard a rich, attractive voice say with disdain. This was interesting.

“You are late, again.”

“Sorry, sir, but Professor Dumbledore wanted me to help him with some things. I have a pass.” Severus opened the door wider and she saw him snatch the paper up, looking at it closely. He glanced back up at Harry and beckoned the boy to come in. only then did Kiley get a good look at him.