20 : "It was the fight of our lives, but we'll stand up, champions tonight"

“LUNA!!!!!” Kiley screamed, wrenching away from Harry and running over to her friend’s body. “LUNA!!!!!” tears began to run thick and hot down her face. She started to wheep profoundly, holding Luna’s hand. Luna looked up at her and blinked, smiling dreamily. Then her eyes fluttered closed. They never opened again. Everything glazed over. It all felt like a dream to Kiley now. The sights, the sounds seemed far away. Then a hand was laid over her shoulder and everything came crashing back full on.

She looked up at Voldemort, becoming even more livid at the look of serenity that was on his face. Her tears of sorrow turned to tears of fury, of utter and complete hate. She whipped them away with the back of her hand and stood up slowly, clenching her wand tight. Voldemort took a step back. She looked….. daunting. Her hair was around her in a curly mess, more volume to it than normal. Her eyes where narrowed into slits of hate, her brows furrowing down into a scowl. Her lips where pursed as she advanced on him in a threatening matter.

“You, Expelliarmus! Evil, Stupefy! MONSTER! SECTUMSEMBRA!” she screamed, throwing curses at him left and right. He deflected them all, still backing up slightly whenever she took a step forward. Harry was impressed. She started to look slightly insane with each word that poured out of her mouth.

AVADA KADEVRA!

Avada Kedavra!” they screamed it at the exact same time. The spells hit each other, breaking with a loud boom, sparks erupting.

Before Voldemort could recover from the shock of what had just happened Kiley screamed, “Sectumsembra!” the spell hit him squarely in the chest and it immediately ripped a giant Z into his chest. Blue blood started to seep through his robes. Voldemort staggered back.

Crucio!” he cried, clutching his chest. Kiley sank to the floor, howling in pain. He intensified the curse, loving the sound of her pain. He wouldn’t keep her alive, she was too dangerous. She clutched her stomach the way Voldemort was.

Harry’s heart seemed to explode. He couldn’t watch this anymore. Something in him snapped as she started to howl even louder, her voice growing hoarse.

Avada Kedavra!” he cried somewhat hysterically, pointing his wand directly at Voldemort. The spell hit him dead on. Voldemort’s eyes went wide as he dropped his wand. He glanced at Harry, who was running over to help Kiley. Her ring was glowing bright.

“Two different worlds, she from the dark and he from the light, a symbol on her burning bright. She is the only thing that will help as he defeats the dark, her symbol like a lighted mark upon his heart. Through her he will prevail, and through her the dark shall fail.” He whispered. Then he chuckled. His chuckle turned into a full on maniacal laugh. Kiley felt a strong and intense pain rip through her skull. Harry felt the same pain as his scar began to throb. Voldemort sank to the ground, still laughing. He disappeared in a puff of black smoke, his laugh ringing through the quiet place. Everyone had stopped battling; now they stared at the place Voldemort disappeared. Every Death Eater disappeared. Even Bellatrix was no where to be seen. The only ones that were left were those who where dead.

Everyone was silent for a moment. Then the place erupted into deafening cheers. Everyone hugged one another; the fire finally was put out. Kiley sank to the floor, having gotten up when she had heard Voldemort’s maniacal laugh. She knew that he wasn’t dead. Not by a long shot. But she also knew that she wouldn’t be hearing from him for a long, long time.

Harry yanked her up off the floor and hugged her to him hard, tears running down his face.

“I thought I had lost you, I thought I had lost you,” he said over and over again. He kissed her on the lips roughly. She kissed him back, relieved that it was finally over. Everything was finally over.

Ron, Ginny, Jason, Kelly, and Neville ran over to them, knocking the two over and dog piling on top of them. They all laughed as they got off of each other and hugged one another.

“We did it, Princess!!!! WE DID IT!!!” Kelly screamed in her ear, hopping up and down. Her pretty blue dress was ruined, splattered with blood, her hair frazzled around her face. Her eyes where bright though, and her face was filled with rapture.

Kiley laughed when Kelly hugged her again hard. Suddenly she was lifted off the floor and whirled around in the air.

“My girl!!! My sweet girl!!!” Severus cried, hugging her to him tight. Kiley began to cry again when she saw he was safe.

“DAD!!!!!” she practically yelled in his ear, hugging him hard around his neck.

He put her down and went over to shake Harry’s hand and hug him.

Kiley was looking around for Luna when she remembered what happened. She didn’t want to dampen anyone’s mood, so she just walked over to her body calmly, trying not to let the dam of tears behind her eyes escape.

She finally got o her body and she sunk down next to it, burying her face in her arms on top of the body. The tears escaped and she cried quiet sobs. Well, at least she thought they where quiet. She felt someone kneel next to her and start to rub her back.

“It’ll be okay,” the person next to her said quietly. She was stunned. She wasn’t expecting that voice. “It’ll be okay, I promise. Luna fought valiantly,” Draco promised. He continued to rub her back as she cried harder.

“I had to torture her.” She said in broken sobs. “When he took her captive, I had to torture her!” a fresh wave of tears poured out of her eyes. Drake landed on her shoulder, looking sad. He turned a melancholy blue as he watched his owner sob.

Draco just nodded, not knowing what to say. People around them stopped celebrating as they realized who was crying and why. All of Luna’s friends began to crowd around her body. Harry knelt on Kiley’s other side and held her hand. She turned to him and buried her face in his chest. Draco inched closer and still rubbed her back, not knowing what else to do. Harry stroked her hair quietly, looking at Luna’s peaceful face.

“Oh,” came McGonagall’s soft cry. She and the other teachers were forming a loose ring around Luna’s body.

Kiley cried even harder. She began to hear sniffles around her and looked up. People where holding onto each other for support. Slytherins where holding Gryffindors, Gryffindors where holding Slytherins…. Each house intermingled with the other houses, all sharing the same grief. Sure Luna was, well, Loony, but she had still been the most pure of them all. Tears streamed down her face as she looked around her with awe.

“I think,” she started out in a hoarse whisper. She cleared her throat and tried again. “I think that we will all miss Luna. No matter what house we are in.” people began to nod. “Luna was a wonderful girl, full of ideas that where deemed crazy, but still full of bright ideas. She made us think. She made us stretch our faith to beyond what we could see.” She broke off, not being able to say anything more.

“I agree, Luna was Loony, but she was still our friend.” Ron said, holding Kelly close to him.

People nodded their heads more now. “Luna knew more than all of us. Sure, some people could argue that what she knew was rubbish, but what she did know, and believe, helped her through life. No matter what happened to Luna she took it with grace, believing that a better day was just around the corner. I for one want to be more like her.” Kiley said, looking around at everyone. “I also believe that she wouldn’t want us crying. So, what I’m going to do right now is wipe my eyes dry and celebrate her going to a better place, a place full of Blibbering Humdingers, Nargals, Heliopaths, and whatever creatures Luna could see,” Kiley smiled slightly at the last part. Everyone nodded and began to smile.

“What is that?” someone suddenly asked. A strange creature was looking in through the window, its head was bright purple, and it had what looked to be a single horn on its head. The horn was twisted and an odd brown color. The things ears where triangular, much like a cat’s and multicolored, flopping down on the side of its head. The head looked like the head shape of a unicorn, but its eyes where much to big, and placed right beneath the horn. The eyes where oval and a strange silver color. When it saw everyone looking at it, it snorted and flew away. Kiley swore it rolled its eyes.

“Dear Merlin! Luna was right!!!!! That was a Crumple-Horned Snorkack!!!!” Someone from Ravenclaw cried, pointing unnecessarily to the window. They watched the thing disapear into the horizen, everyone staring at it in awe.

“Well, I’ll be,” McGonagall breathed. Kiley looked down Luna’s body with wonder. Maybe she wasn’t so Loony after all. people around her began to laugh.

“that was something! Did you see that thing?” people cried to each other. Kiley nodded her head in satisfaction. This was the way it was supposed to be. Happy.

She looked at Harry and smiled even more widely at him.

“I love you,” he whispered to her.

“I love you,” she whispered back.