22 : Ninteen years later.....

Hey Guys THEIR IS A SEQUEL and its called tearing the fabrics of time  :)

“Harry! Will you please get Addison to calm down?” Kiley cried from the kitchen, trying desperately hard to finish the giant cake she was supposed to bring to Rose’s birthday party. It had taken her all day to make this cake; she wanted it to be perfect for her only niece. She finished the pink icing writing with a flourish of her wand and sighed happily. Suddenly little Addison came tearing in, her arms waving about, and Drake following her, screeching loudly with happiness. She came so close to hitting the cake and toppling it over that Kiley gasped and lunged for the cake.

“HARRY JAMES POTTER, GET OUT HERE NOW AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR DAUGHTER!!!!” Kiley yelled frantically to the closed door of their room, placing a protective charm over the cake so it wouldn’t fall.

“Honey, calm down,” Harry said, walking out of their bedroom and buttoning his sports jacket. “She’s your daughter to,”

Kiley blew a strand of hair that had fallen in her line of vision out of the way as she picked the three year old child off the floor and put her on the counter. She tucked a piece of Addison’s strawberry blonde hair out of the way.

“Turn,” she instructed. Addison complied, talking a mile a minute. Kiley took her perfect little curls and began to braid Addison’s hair into pigtail braids.

“So, we’re going to see Rosie, right? You know what; I’m going to give her the present, okay? And you know what; I’m gonna say happy birthday to her!” she talked on and on.

“Have you noticed that she never stops talking?” Harry asked her, chuckling when Addison said her fifth, ‘you know what?’

“Trust me, I’ve noticed.” Kiley said, sounding rather flustered. She finished the last braid and lifted Addison from the counter.

“Now, Addison,” Harry said, looking into her green eyes. “You better be good at the party, do you hear me?”

She nodded her head vigorously, her face looking serious. “You know what, I’m gonna be good so I can have some cake, okay? Look at my face, daddy! I’m going to be good so I can have some of the cake that mommie made!”

“Okay,” Harry said, chuckling again as she ran off to some other part of the house. “You wanted kids,” he told her when she gave him an exasperated look.

“So did you, so shut up and carry this cake out to the car for me,” she snapped, patting the small baby bump.

“You’re not even pregnant enough that we can get an ultrasound,” Harry mumbled as he picked the cake up and carried it to the car.

“We could have, but we didn’t want to, remember?” She laughed as she picked Addison up off the floor and carried her out to the car.

Strapping Addison into the seat, Kiley said, “I have a feeling it’s going to be a boy.” There was certainty in her voice.

“What makes you say that?” Harry asked as he started the ignition and pulled out of the driveway.

“I don’t know, but he’s going to have the darkest black hair imaginable, the most hypnotizing liquid eyes, and no freckles. Apart from the nose, he’s going to look just like Severus. Every girl at Hogwarts will want to date him.” She told him, gazing at the road ahead of them with a dreamy eyed expression.

“Well, you where right with Addie…..” Harry said, looking at her with amusement.

“I was dead on with Addie, down to the fact that she won’t stop talking,” Kiley said, reminding him. Harry laughed and shook his head, glancing back at his daughter who was talking to herself happily. The thing that surprised him the most was that some of it was in Spanish. He remembered what her favorite show was and just laughed again.

When they got to the burrow, Kiley opened the door and Addison popped out, having learned the way to get out of her seatbelt at the age of two. Merlin, she was the most brilliant little girl that Kiley had ever known, and she wasn’t just saying that.

Harry got the cake from the trunk and they walked inside. Everyone greeted them cheerfully, little Rose in the middle of all the hustle and bustle.

“Happy Birthday, Rosie!” Kiley said, hugging her.

“Thanks Aunt Kiley and Uncle Harry! Hey Addie! Wanna go play with the kids?” she asked Addison when she gave Rose her present.

“Sure!” Addison cried, bounding after Rose.

Suddenly she spotted Severus and ran towards him, her arms out crying, “PAPA! PAPA!” she sounded like a little French girl, making Harry and Kiley chuckle.

Severus picked her up and nuzzled her to him, “Hello, my little Addie!”

“Hey, dad,” Kiley said, she and Harry walking over to Severus.

Severus hugged her, Addison still in his arms. “How is everything?” he asked her.

Kiley shrugged, “same old, same old.”

“Hello, Severus,” Harry said, shaking Severus’s hand firmly.

“I can’t believe how much this little squirt looks like Lily,” Severus said, his smile reaching to his eyes as Addison squirmed around.

“I know, it’s actually starting to get creepy,” Harry agreed with a nod.

“Yet, she’s still so much like her mother,” Severus remarked with a sly grin in Kiley’s direction.

Severus let Addison down and she ran to the middle of the room to give her Uncle Ron a hug.

“So, anything knew going on?” Severus asked her, looking suspiciously at her stomach. They hadn’t told anyone yet that she was pregnant again.

Kiley nodded, her eyes dancing with a ditzy light. “I’m pregnant again, and I already know what he is going to look like!!!”

Severus looked at her dubiously. “How do you know the baby is going to be a he?”

“I can just feel it!” came her exuberant reply, “Just like with Addison! He’s going to have ink black hair, liquid eyes, and Harry’s nose. Apart from the nose, he’s going to look just like his papa. No question about it.”

Severus smiled happily. Then there was an eerie echo of two screams from the middle of the room and everybody stopped what they where doing to look at the source of the scream.

Addison and a blonde haired boy where regarding each other with three year old skepticism on each of their faces in the middle of the room. Addison had her hands on her hips and the blonde boy’s arms where crossed.

“You can’t scream louder than me!” Addison cried indignantly, stomping her foot on the ground and crossing her arms. A scowl was on her face.

“Yeah I can!!” the blonde boy cried. They both looked at each other, than screamed at the exact same time.

Kiley rushed to the middle of the room, picking up the two children and rushing them outside, as they where still screaming.

“Now, now Addison, what has mommy told you about screaming?” Kiley asked her, taking on a stern tone.

“Don’t scream,” she recited dutifully. She turned to the blonde haired boy and stuck her tongue out. He stuck his tongue back out at her, which caused Addison to smile.

Kiley took that moment to look the blonde boy over, trying to find out who he belonged to. His blonde hair was shockingly pale and his eyes where a grayish blue color. He had the features of a Malfoy. She groaned inwardly, wondering how he got here. Granted his Aunt was the birthday girl’s mother, but last Kiley had heard, Draco and Kelly weren’t actually speaking to each other, not since Narcissa and Sirius had died in a strange accident.

“Little boy, what’s your name?” Kiley asked him, touching his arm lightly to get his attention.

“My name is Scorpius Malfoy,” he said proudly, “S-C-O-R-P-I-U-S, Scorpius.”

“Oh, is it now?” Kiley asked him, amused at the way he held himself as he said his name.

Suddenly the boy stopped looking so proud and looked at her closely. She was shocked at what came out of the three, maybe four year olds mouth next. It was something that she never ever would have thought of hearing from him.

“Your Aunt Kiley,” it wasn’t a question, it was a statement. “Daddy showed me your picture lots of times, the one where you and him are laughing and hugging each other. He keeps it right next to his bed.”

Kiley was too stunned to speak. She finally found her voice as the little boy gave her a hug. “Does he now?”

“Yup, he always says when he points to you,” he took on an eerie resemblance of Draco’s voice, “’this is your Aunt Kiley, she should have been your mother, but she’s your aunt,’ then he stops talking and says he needs to go to the bathroom. He tells me stories every night about you. I like hearing them, especially the one where you and him were making a potion together and it exploded!” he made a noise that resembled an explosion and lifted his hands in the air, his cheeks slightly puffing out. He saw no harm in saying this, being a young child and all. He wouldn’t know until he was older how much pain his father was in whenever he said something about her.

“So, where is your mother?” Kiley asked, trying to find a safe topic.

“I don’t got one,” he said simply. Addison sat on one of Kiley’s knees, and Scorpius sat on the other. She was sitting down now on the porch steps.

“You mean, you don’t have one?” Kiley was shocked. Why was Scorpius here?

“Nope, never have. It’s just me and daddy!” he said, seemingly very satisfied with the set up.

“Scorpius?? Scorpius are you out….. Oh, there you are silly little boy! I was looking for you every where!” Draco had opened the screen door, looking frantic as he called for his son. His worries melted when he saw Scorpius sitting on some women’s knee, practically beaming. Draco didn’t recognize the women, but she did look increasingly familiar…. Granted he could only see the back of her long black hair, but still, she looked familiar. It was the hair, but also the way she tensed when she heard his voice. Also, he noted with surprise, it was the way her white lacy dress hung on her body…. Draco thought he was going insane, but she kind of looked like……

“Thank you for finding my son. I was upstairs, chatting up some old friends when I heard him scream down here.” Draco said, picking up his son and positioning him on his hip.

Addison came running up to Draco, wanting to be picked up to. Kiley hadn’t moved at all, not knowing what to do. Draco chuckled as Addison screamed,

“Hold you!!! Hold you!!!” he picked her up, positioning her on his hip as he did Scorpius.

“And what’s your name?” he asked her.

“Addison Potter!” she said in the same way Scorpius had said his name earlier, “A-D-D-I-S-O-N, Addison! But you know what? Mommy and daddy and Papa and everyone else calls me Addie! And you know what? You can call me Addie!” Addison said, wiggling around.

“Potter, eh?” Draco said surprised. He glanced at the women who still hadn’t moved. “Where is your mommy?”

“Right there!” Addison cried, pointing to Kiley. “Mommy, mommy come here, come here!!!”

Kiley reluctantly got up slowly, turning around so that she faced Draco. Scorpius shifted around, crying to be let down. Draco let him down in a haze, and he ran over to Kiley, crying, “Aunt Kiley! Pick me up, pick me up!” she picked him up, not taking his eyes of the man in front of her.

“Hello, Draco,” she whispered as Scorpius rested his head on her shoulder.

“Hello, Kiley,” he whispered also. They stared at each other for a long time, not saying a word. Suddenly Draco’s eyes shifted to her stomach.

“Your pregnant?” he asked her, his voice slightly pained.

She nodded slightly.

“I had hoped, prayed even…..” Draco trailed off, his voice dropping to a low, still pained whisper.

She shook her head, her eyes telling him everything he needed to know.

She’s still so beautiful, Draco thought. Her hair was still the same length, but it looked healthier some how. Her green eyes where still as vivid as ever, but they glowed with a melancholy happiness that he knew as soon as the sadness was gone would look bright and lively, something that he had loved to see when they where younger and in love with each other. He sighed inwardly, remembering all those nights he had lain awake at night, wondering what she was up to and whether or not there was ever a chance they could somehow be together. This must have been how Snape felt whenever he saw Lily, Draco realized with a start.

Oh boy, Kiley breathed inwardly. Draco looked the same, but different. He was less vain, that was obvious, but he still wore those expensive clothes. Even now he wore a seemingly very expensive suit. His hair was a darker shade of blonde, but still blonde all the same. His eyes where dulled by the obvious sadness that invaded him, but they where that still piercing color that his son had inherited. She had a sudden short flashback of when they where younger, stealing kisses outside on a crisp, autumn night in the soft, pale moonlight of a full moon, one of the rare moments that she wasn’t accompanied by a Death Eater. Most of all he had the appearance of someone who had carried a heavy burden for so long, they forgot the reason why they where carrying it in the first place. It was obvious that Draco still knew the reason.

“What happened to his mother?” she asked quietly, referring to an almost asleep Scorpius. Addison had already fallen asleep from the gentle rocking motion that Draco had been unconsciously doing as they stared at each other.

“Didn’t work out. She only wanted my money. When some other richer guy came along, goodbye Missy, hello divorce.” He chuckled without humor. Kiley began to sway as she felt Scorpius’s breathing become longer and slower. Draco stopped swaying as soon as he realized he was doing it.

“I’m sorry,” she said. And she was, for everything.

“It’s fine. Scorpius doesn’t even remember what she looks like. She left while she was still pregnant with him. Four months after she leaves I find a crying bundle on my doorstep. I even got to name him.” Draco said, smiling. But like his chuckle, it never reached his eyes.

“Scorpius calls me Aunt,” she suddenly blurted out. Her face turned a vivid shade of crimson.

“Yes, I’m surprised he didn’t spot you out of the many people in this house immediately. Heaven forbid I don’t tell him a story about you each night. I swear, I’m beginning to run out of stories!” Draco said, the smile finally reaching his eyes.

“You know, now that I have another nephew, he’s welcomed at our house any time. Need a babysitter? Just give us a call, Addison seems to like him well enough.” Kiley said, laughing at the sight of her sleeping child.

“How many nephews do you have?” Draco asked randomly, wanting to hear her laugh, no not wanting, needing to hear it.

“Well, let’s see, one, two, three……… about ten.”

“Ten?” Draco asked, clearly surprised.

“Weasley’s breed like rabbits, I swear!” Kiley said, laughing, “They also have a fondness for boys! I’m surprised Ron and Kelly had a girl at all! plus, don’t forget that Teddy calls me aunt to, because I’m his Godmother.”

Draco laughed with her, wishing that this moment would never end. But all good things must come to an end at some point.

“Kiley, are you and Addie out here?” Harry asked, coming out of the house. He spotted Kiley and walked over to her, wondering who the blonde boy in his wife’s arms was.

“Hello, Harry,” Draco said, using Harry’s first name for the first time since he met him some odd twenty years ago.

Harry turned around, obviously surprised by a) Draco had called him Harry, b) that Draco was holding his child, and c) that Draco was even there.

“Hello, Draco,” Harry said, using Draco’s first name for the first time to. “So, who’s this?” Harry asked, turning to the little blonde boy his wife was holding.

“This is Scorpius, Draco’s son,” Kiley said, smiling at Scorpius, who was still fast asleep.

“Where’s your wife?” Harry asked him, trying to find a topic to discuss with his former enemy.

“Left,” he said simply, giving a one shoulder shrug.

“Ah, I see. Sorry,” Harry said, starting to get uncomfortable.

“Well, I think we should get going, looks like its time for his nap.” Draco said, giving Addie to Harry and taking Scorpius from Kiley. “Oh, and if you ever need a babysitter, my place is always open to,”

Kiley nodded, smiling.

“Goodbye Kiley, Harry,” Draco nodded to both of them. He turned around, and headed to his car, a black sports car that was nestled under the only tree around the burrow. He opened the back seat door and strapped Scorpius into a booster seat. With a quick wave he got into the front seat and set the car in reverse, backing out of the drive way.

Harry put his arm around Kiley as they watched Draco drive away.

“That was…. Interesting,” he said for lack of anything else to say. Kiley just nodded.

“When Scorpius realized who I was, he called me Aunt Kiley, and told me about how his father keeps a picture of us by his bed…..” Kiley trailed off. She cleared her throat and started to talk again, “then when I told Draco this, he said that the boy basically grew up hearing stories about me at night.”

“He still hasn’t gotten over it?” Harry asked, astonished.

“I guess not,” was her only answer.

After a few moments they where called in for ice cream and cake. Addison woke up just in time for the candles to be blown out. She bounced up and down on Harry’s hip. Kiley forgot about what all had happened only moments before as she snapped pictures of Rose and Addison. The rest of the day went perfectly. Addison managed to smear cake all over herself, which a chuckling Severus commented on how Kiley used to do just that when she was younger, earning a scowl from his daughter.

When the day was over and the sun was setting, Kiley placed Addison in her booster seat in the car, saying goodbye to everyone.

They got home and put Addison to bed, telling her to stay in bed and not come out of her room or she wouldn’t get a special treat in the morning.

“That was some party,” Harry commented as he climbed into bed. Kiley was sitting up, reading a book. She put her marker in her place and turned out the light as Harry placed his glasses on the side table. She nodded and snuggled closer to him.

“What was up with the comment Draco made as he was leaving?” Harry asked, not able to contain the question any longer.

“What comment?”

“The comment he made about, ‘if you ever need a babysitter, my place is always open,’” Harry said, trying to imitate Draco’s voice, but failing miserably.

Kiley laughed and said, “Well I had told him a couple moments before you walked out that if he ever needed a babysitter, we would be more than happy to babysit Scorpius. If you hadn’t noticed, Addison and Scorpius got a long pretty well.”

“All I noticed was the screaming contest they had in the middle of the Weasley’s living room,” Harry said, laughter in his voice.

“Well, if you had helped me get the children to calm down you would’ve noticed,” she huffed.

“Calm down, sweetheart. I was in a very important discussion with Severus.”

“And what was the discussion?”

Harry thought for a moment, trying to come up with the very important discussion. Kiley waited.

“Whether or not the blubbering humdingers would look over Addison as she grows up.” Harry tried to keep in his laughter, but it failed miserably when Kiley took her pillow and smashed it into his gut.

“Merlin, I love you!” he cried after his laughter had calmed down, taking her hand and pulling her in for a kiss.

When they broke apart from the kiss she laughed.

“Okay, time to get our sleep while we can,” she said, laying her head on his chest and closing her eyes. He stroked her hair softly. She barely heard the whisper he said, as it was not meant for her.

“Bet Malfoy would kill to be me,” he had whispered. She snuggled closer to him and whispered,

“Bet he would in a heartbeat.”

Her eyes fluttered closed as she took in her happily ever after. Though it was dampened by events to come and some rather stubborn ghosts of her past, right now this moment was all she needed.

She had a family, one she had always dreamed of.

Happily ever after.

For now.

THEIR IS A SEQUEL :)